• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Censorship and Social Media

eaglesdare

Country
England
It seems that Mark Zuckerberg has admitted what we "Conspiracy theorists" knew in that the Biden-Harris Admin "pressured" Facebook to censor People. And more importantly it Censored the Biden laptop story.

I wonder now if Zuckerberg is changing his tune and will go down the musk free speech route? There have certainly been a few things of late.

On a side note the only "conspiracy theory" that hasn't come true in the last few years have been Aliens?

It seems that Mark Zuckerberg has admitted what we "Conspiracy theorists" knew in that the Biden-Harris Admin "pressured" Facebook to censor People. And more importantly it Censored the Biden laptop story.

I wonder now if Zuckerberg is changing his tune and will go down the musk free speech route? There have certainly been a few things of late.

On a side note the only "conspiracy theory" that hasn't come true in the last few years have been Aliens?
Those running social media platforms do not like the idea, let alone the expense it involves, of having to moderate content. Zuckerberg now regrets responding to FBI warnings that the Biden laptop story had the aroma of a Russian disinformation plant and suppressing it. What though should the FBI, or Zuckerberg, do until the facts were known? Just let it run?

No, what was done was correct and if the platforms refuse to cooperate then they will have to forced to, or put out of business. We simply cannot allow social media to remain unregulated and able to spread the kind of dangerous nonsense it now does.

Urgent action is demanded on an international level.

I know of no conspiracy theory that has subsequently been proved true. I know of some unusual events that could have been initially construed as conspiracy theories.

Are you sure?

I'd think again on that one. Apply the tactic used to dismiss other more earthly conspiracies.

Different conspiracy, same old governments.

i vaguely recall seeing data proving that Free Speech is far more alive and well in Putin's Russia. Better than anywhere in The West.

something to do with numbers of people arrested & convicted.

Of course, people in Eastern Europe have an excellent memory of the bad old Soviet Commie days. They sure as hell do not want to replicate any of that.

It’s a start.

Hopefully the EU will follow and we will follow the EU.

It won’t put him out of business though.

Only the withdrawal of advertising as a consequence of the market reach shrinking or the emergence of an alternative which will moderate and remove disinformation or hatred will do that.

And before anyone jumps down my throat there is a huge difference between holding a contrary opinion and posting disinformation and hatred.

"Mark Zuckerberg: Covid censorship was wrong and I wish I’d fought it"
It wasn’t wrong. It was necessary and in the public interest at that time.

So he, and all the other platforms, need to get used to it.

The regulation of social media is today no more sophisticated than was law and order in the Wild West. It cannot be left like that.

The regulation of social media is today no more sophisticated than was law and order in the Wild West. It cannot be left like that.
So when 2TK posts about all the protesters recently jailed being far right you never called that out because you believe it’s true. I doubt it’s the case myself as social media has criticised and again doubts it to be true. Do you see how there are opinions which you think should be yours only.
X being shut down will do more harm than good and the MP was correct with her analogy of the poem she posted.
People really think that being on the correct ‘side’ protects them. Maybe the labour voters who lost their fuel allowance have had an answer to that theory!

It's more contempt of court tho 😅
Contempt of Court - can be a fairly nasty punishment.

imagine a 'do not walk on the grass' sign at Crystal Palace Park. A fella walks the grass. The cops are about to give him a slap across the wrists. To evade justice, he disposes of his footwear which has the offending'matching footprint'......ie the Evidence.

Hence, they do him for 'conspiracy to pervert the course of justice' and bang him up for 5 years. Legally their case is strong - probably watertight. Morally, however ?

Enoch Burke has already done 400 days in a scary jail. Surrounded by murderers & rapists. His crime ? having a gobby mouth, being intransigent and being a fundamentalist Christian ? Plus the whole Trans Pronouns argument.

will the rest of us get jailed for criticising a bloke winning the women's boxing at the Olympics ? Just cos some Court put a gagging order on us ?

Last edited:
Contempt of Court - can be a fairly nasty punishment.

imagine a 'do not walk on the grass' sign at Crystal Palace Park. A fella walks the grass. The cops are about to give him a slap across the wrists. To evade justice, he disposes of his footwear which has the offending'matching footprint'......ie the Evidence.

Hence, they do him for 'conspiracy to pervert the course of justice' and bang him up for 5 years. Legally their case is strong - probably watertight. Morally, however ?

Enoch Burke has already done 400 days in a scary jail. Surrounded by murderers & rapists. His crime ? having a gobby mouth, being intransigent and being a fundamentalist Christian ? Plus the whole Trans Pronouns argument.

will the rest of us get jailed for criticising a bloke winning the women's boxing at the Olympics ?
I get where you are comming from and I do agree to a point. But in the case of Enoch Burke it's not black and white.

He called out the child and headmaster in front of the whole school at an assembly. Got fired and told not to turn up at the school. Which he did and then was ordered not to show up which he did.

His beliefs would be similar to mine. But I wouldn't bully a child and headmaster over it in front of a whole school. This is where I think Burke is on the wrong.

Imagine I'm in the workplace and I call out a colleague and manager in a team meeting over a similar scenario. I would fully expect to be fired and if I turned up to work to protest I'd expect to be arrested.

So basically just have official government views and also the ones you agree with.

Got it

I get where you are comming from and I do agree to a point. But in the case of Enoch Burke it's not black and white.

He called out the child and headmaster in front of the whole school at an assembly. Got fired and told not to turn up at the school. Which he did and then was ordered not to show up which he did.

His beliefs would be similar to mine. But I wouldn't bully a child and headmaster over it in front of a whole school. This is where I think Burke is on the wrong.

Imagine I'm in the workplace and I call out a colleague and manager in a team meeting over a similar scenario. I would fully expect to be fired and if I turned up to work to protest I'd expect to be arrested.
broadly speaking i would agree with you Eagle. The madness of Enoch is mirrored by the madness of those trying to gag him.

Why would he being lying and admitting that Facebook censored content?
He's lying when he says he will do it differently next time. He was told to censor he has now admitted that.

It makes him look repentant. But he's a snake and will do whatever he is told to do. People like gates, musk and Zuckerberg are just goffers for the cult. Albeit rich ones.

Back