• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Nottingham Forest vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Daddyorc

Country
Ukraine
Nottingham Forest XI: Sels, Aina, Milenkovic, Murillo, Moreno, Anderson, Dominguez, Hudson-Odoi, Yates, Woods, Elanga.

Substitutes: Morato, Boly, Toffolo, Williams, Sosa, Awoniyi, Jota Silva, Omobamidele, Miguel

Crystal Palace XI: Henderson, Chalobah, Guehi, Lacroix, Mitchell, Lerma, Hughes, Munoz, Eze, Nketiah, Kamada.

Substitutes: Ward, Sarr, Mateta, Schlupp, Clyne, Wharton, Kporha, Agbinone, Turner.

We were much better against Chelsea after Mateta came on. I haven't noticed a reason to prefer Nketiah to him. Sarr is a natural wide player who's invariably sharp since he joined; I haven't noticed a reason to prefer Kamada to him. Just saying; rarely have I more fervently wished to be made to look stupid.

Reactions: auk
Kamada instead of Sarr seems like a big mistake.
I see us being weaker with Kamada - OG's love child
Tbh playing in that position I prefer Kamada to Sarr as he's better on the ball and Sarr can only really run into space which we probably won't have much of due to Forest happy to sit deep.

Not having Mateta as a focal point i find more worrying. Big pressure on the attacking signings today. I expected it to be Eze, Mateta and Nketiah tbh as they'd all been able to train with each other through the international break.

Praying something finally clicks this eve.

COYP

I hope I’m wrong but I can see this stubborn need to Kamada as being OGs downfall. Bless him for sticking by him and he must know something we don’t.

Kamada starting the game is the reason why none of us are managing in the Premier League. NFFC are technically better than us all over the park but he will serve post this evening breaking up their slick fluidity through the middle and as much as he can within the outside left and right positions. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was our person of the match tonight.

I’m not holding out any hope for a win, especially considering NFFC are simply a better football team than us, but if we catch them on an off night and everyone plays for the jersey, I really think we could snatch a point.

It will not be easy but we must retain some hope of leaving the East Midland territory with a point.

I really really hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting another lack luster performance from Kamada. Nketeha looks a bit light weight on his own down the middle, Mateta on his own seems to work better. I still dont get why we can change to Meteta and Nketeha as a front two with Eze in the space just behind.

Back