• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Rob Holding Training Alone

Country
England
“Rob is training individually at the moment,” said Glasner. We will talk together – he knows the reason. But it is something that stays between Rob and me."

Wonder what's gone on there...

Who knows but not playing a league game in the year since he signed can't help. Then again I haven't played either and they're not giving me £45,000 a week to ease my burden.

Apparently, he has also taken down all his Crystal Palace related pictures from his social media accounts.

Whatever happened, he can’t be happy!

Pure guess - but holding is now fit, but still can’t get in the team

Questions:-

Will he get an outing against QPR?

Will he get some game time so he is in the "shop window" for January next year?

Interesting to see that OG can control players, will that control help Holding?

Nobody likes to see players training alone and the situation needs to be fixed for the good of all concerned . If it can't then pay his contract up and goodbye . No point in having anyone around the club that is never going to play for us .
He has been included in the squad list (no4) for the season so Im guessing this is a recent falling out . Maybe seeing two right backs ahead of him in the pecking order for a centre half spot along with the signing of two more centre backs is too much of a challenge for him .

Nobody likes to see players training alone and the situation needs to be fixed for the good of all concerned . If it can't then pay his contract up and goodbye . No point in having anyone around the club that is never going to play for us .
He has been included in the squad list (no4) for the season so Im guessing this is a recent falling out . Maybe seeing two right backs ahead of him in the pecking order for a centre half spot along with the signing of two more centre backs is too much of a challenge for him .
Yes, that's fair enough. He's got his own career to think of after all. If a player isn't getting picked there's not much he can do except try to impress in training, which he doesn't appear to be doing, or hope for injuries.

He looked poor in pre-season. The Turkish transfer window is open for another 10 days, so maybe he could move there, top-up his tan, and get his hair and teeth done. I would put him below all the other senior centre-backs and Ward and Clyne, so he'll be lucky if he even makes the bench. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but OG doesn't seem like a ballbreaker so he must have said or done something pretty stupid to get told to train alone.

I think thats fair. Cant fault Clyne, when he's come in. But I suspect its a hard pill to swallow.

He looked poor in pre-season. The Turkish transfer window is open for another 10 days, so maybe he could move there, top-up his tan, and get his hair and teeth done. I would put him below all the other senior centre-backs and Ward and Clyne, so he'll be lucky if he even makes the bench. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but OG doesn't seem like a ballbreaker so he must have said or done something pretty stupid to get told to train alone.
Agreed, but don’t underestimate OG. He can become very furious. Had once an outfall at a press conference when he was asked about missing commitments of his players. Told them that he doen’t want to hear “this s***”.

Apparently, he has also taken down all his Crystal Palace related pictures from his social media accounts.

Whatever happened, he can’t be happy!

Pure guess - but holding is now fit, but still can’t get in the team
What is he, 6? As bad as Mateta's puerile corner flag protest

Agreed, but don’t underestimate OG. He can become very furious. Had once an outfall at a press conference when he was asked about missing commitments of his players. Told them that he doen’t want to hear “this s***”.

I expected the camera to turn around in that video, to see thousands of uniformed soldiers with one arm in the air.

Wonder if he was denied a move away or something during the window when our CB situation was looking a bit precarious and he's got upset.

According to Google he's on anywhere between 45 - 58k a week. To get one EFL Cup appearance out of him in over a year is Wickham / Ferguson levels of wage wasting.

I tend to not watch the solo training sessions. Just not that informative or entertaining.

The signing of Holding at the time made little sense at the time unless he was seen as a replacement for Tomkins, who by then was a bit part player anyway.
At that stage we played with 2 centre halves and he had 3 players ahead of him.
You got the impression he was signed because he was relatively cheap.

It's a while since he's put any sort of run together at Premier League level.
By my calculation with the new signings he's 6th or 7th in the pecking order now for a place at centre back.

I detected that there may be a problem when Glasner was asked about Holding's availability pre Chelsea.
He looked a bit uncomfortable in his answer.

I expect a January move for Holding, unless a loan is possible before that date.

I for one was not raising a glass in celebration when Holding was signed. He was not impressive when called upon for Arsenal prior to him joining us, seen by some as a weak link and player to be targetted.
He is not that fleet of foot, gets too close to attackers on occasions and can be exposed on the turn.

The fact that he has been instructed to train alone does not bode well for him and players who suffer such a fate normally have no future at their respective clubs.I do not expect to see Holding wearing the shirt of our beloved club.

Back