• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Kamada will be an asset

premier fan

Country
England
Think he had some unfair early criticism. He’s adapting to English football and after just 2 half games and last night’s cup match his return of 1 goal and 1 assist is proving his potential. He’s got good technique and and pace around the pitch. His composure in front of goal last night and in a pre season friendly gives me a lot of positivity. I just wished people didn’t dismiss his ability so early in his career at Palace. I think he will be a big asset to us.

Think he had some unfair early criticism. He’s adapting to English football and after just 2 half games and last night’s cup match his return of 1 goal and 1 assist is proving his potential. He’s got good technique and and pace around the pitch. His composure in front of goal last night and in a pre season friendly gives me a lot of positivity. I just wished people didn’t dismiss his ability so early in his career at Palace. I think he will be a big asset to us.
Yes, he took his goal very neatly and is getting up to speed as a newcomer to the league.
Most importantly OG knows him and wanted him.

I think he clearly is very talented, it's just about him finding his feet and place within the team. Hopefully, this adjustment will happen sooner than later and we will reap the benefits of it. I was delighted he got a goal and assist last night, that should go some way to help.

Also, it's a very disappointing start to the season; losing two games we looked the better side in. Emotions will run high, blame will be attributed and pessimism will run rampant. This shouldn't translate into a terminal judgement of a player though.

Some players adapt to the English game at different paces. However, if someone actually looks at the player they can see he's very talented, intelligent and very good business.

We have lost the first two games, which he only started in the first. We could have won both of those games on a different day and I think the early criticism of Kamada was just early nerves disappointed at the results.

A new central midfielder is by far the hardest position to integrate into the team. Some people never get used to their teammates (max Mayer, mutch).

I feel like Kamada is starting to click. I think he's better coming off the bench in an attacking role. Putting him in as a defensive midfielder isn't a great idea.

Some players adapt to the English game at different paces. However, if someone actually looks at the player they can see he's very talented, intelligent and very good business.

We have lost the first two games, which he only started in the first. We could have won both of those games on a different day and I think the early criticism of Kamada was just early nerves disappointed at the results.
I think the criticism was more aimed at Glasner last Saturday bringing him on for Lerma in the central midfield role. It cost us as we looked even more unbalanced and lost the game. He looks better in the front 3 role which he played in the friendly matches and last night. In truth we scored 4 last night but still looked unbalanced and will struggle in matches to come until this is sorted :-(

I think the criticism was more aimed at Glasner last Saturday bringing him on for Lerma in the central midfield role. It cost us as we looked even more unbalanced and lost the game. He looks better in the front 3 role which he played in the friendly matches and last night. In truth we scored 4 last night but still looked unbalanced and will struggle in matches to come until this is sorted :-(
I agree he looks better in an attacking role. I see him as an upgrade on Ayew.....I don't think Olise is replaceable.

I think he's going to improve as he goes on and prove a mainstay in our attack.

Assuming we sign Nketiah and he forms a front 3 with Mateta and Eze, it does beg the question about Kamada in a regular starting role unless he plays one of the 2 central midfield positions- which looks unlikely.

My guess is that he will feature in many games , but often as a sub.
Football is increasingly a 15 man game these days rather than 11.

To me he looks a very technical player - not dissimilar to other Japanese players in the PL; I am sure he will take a bit of time to adjust to the physical aspects of the PL but Glasner clearly thinks he will be an important acquisition and his judgement on many things - including player recruitment - has been pretty good thus far.

A new central midfielder is by far the hardest position to integrate into the team. Some people never get used to their teammates (Max Mayer , mutch)

I feel like Kamada is starting to click. I think he's better coming off the bench in an attacking role. Putting him in as a defensive midfielder isn't a great idea.

Meyer and Mutch were never going to get used to playing at PL standard whoever their team mates were , they were not good enough .Kamada is so he probably will .

Back