• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Wilfried Zaha return

Think this is a case of the old saying - never go back.

He's now of the age where the only way is down, whether that's sooner or later, it's inevitable, and any money we've got would be better spent on someone with the potential for a longer prospect with the club.

Think this is a case of the old saying - never go back.

He's now of the age where the only way is down, whether that's sooner or later, it's inevitable, and any money we've got would be better spent on someone with the potential for a longer prospect with the club.
Seems Leicester's a done deal. He's still a potent force. I'd have welcomed him home, for one (depending on costs)...

Tragic, especially after the comments he made earlier in the summer if he ends up at Leicester.

It’s a shame things haven’t worked out better at Gala. For him to now be bumped around by them is awful. Clearly the money he is on is now a massive issue for most clubs, otherwise you’d think he would have the pick of teams.

Loved him as a Palace player, respect he wanted more, but now question the advice he’s been given.

It's a question of the price. If it suits us financially, get him back. He would be a dangerous sub.

There was some rumour about there being tax implications if he returns to the UK this season. Is that teh case, and if so, I wonder what he'll do as I can't see any European clubs picking up the kind of loan fee Gala wants.

There was some rumour about there being tax implications if he returns to the UK this season. Is that teh case, and if so, I wonder what he'll do as I can't see any European clubs picking up the kind of loan fee Gala wants.
It sound like there was some truth in that and if so then logically part of the loan deal from Wilf's perspective would be the destination club settling his tax bill for his earnings last year ...

Otherwise why would Wilf's tax be an issue for Leicester / Palace?

I mean, that would be a bit of an ask, cheeky doesn't really cut it

So with him out of favour in Turkey and no European teams so far (if true) willing to pay a tax bill on top of the loan fee / wages then maybe only Saudi / USA possible?

I don't think this deal makes sense...but...I just have a feeling Parish's sense of nostalgia and loyalty to Wilf may see him throw him a lifeline at the last minute if no one else signs him. Gala and its fans have been very disrespectful to Zaha so I've almost come around to the idea of him coming back, but only if he is humble and understood he's coming back as a team player and not the king. As an impact player I'm sure he's still got it, even if he's no longer the player he was.

I don't think this deal makes sense...but...I just have a feeling Parish's sense of nostalgia and loyalty to Wilf may see him throw him a lifeline at the last minute if no one else signs him. Gala and its fans have been very disrespectful to Zaha so I've almost come around to the idea of him coming back, but only if he is humble and understood he's coming back as a team player and not the king. As an impact player I'm sure he's still got it, even if he's no longer the player he was.

Turkish fans are very passionate when they sign a player and are equally as passionate when they want rid. You would not want to sit out your contract like some do in the PL, probably burn your house down.

if the money was correct, i would take him back in a heartbeat. Personally, i have a suspicion he was the brain that got Eze & Olise playing so well.

As a player who depended upon tricks, rather than pace, to get past defenders....he is probably still good enough. Also, if he signs to another smaller Prem club, that would hurt us. He knows most of our squads weaknesses.

Sadly, i feel the money question may ruin things.

Yeah, I think the deal needs to be a lot sweeter for us. If they cut the fee to a couple of mil' instead of the reported 9 then we would welcome Wilf back for sure.
It would be a bonus deal for us. He is 31, and we really need a younger, longer term winger. Wilf would be icing on our much improved cake.

I wouldn't want him back considering he'd get a good chunk of our wages budget.
We need a young energetic fast player in that role, and I guess at 31 he's losing it.

According to Google Translate, it says

"Zaha: Everyone says, "They are Fenerbahçe fans" but no, they were Galatasaray fans. There were no rival team fans in the stadium. Someone threw a flare at me and hit me in the face. If I hadn't pulled back, I would have had a mark on my face. Then you will tell me, "Oh yeah, we love you"!"

Back