US Politics

The idiots running the USA must be really desperate at the moment, with the mid-terms looming.

Yesterday they offered people the chance to watch an execution on their phone! Today Trump decided to do a double whammy to raise his popularity.

First he announces sanctions on the ICC because it has accused Israelis of genocide. Particularly targeting Netanyahu and some of his far right coalition partners.

Then he does a deal with Putin to lift the sanctions on Russia so they can trade diesel into international markets in the hope that this will ease the inflation on pump prices in the USA. Inflation caused solely by him in the first place.

If Putin wasn’t already supplying Iran with weapons so they can keep the Strait of Hormuz closed then they will now.

Has there ever been a world leader, of any country, quite this stupid? Combining stupidity with narcissism, vindictiveness, greed and a complete lack of empathy has led to this situation.
The ICC had a chance to stop its overreach and exceeding its mandate towards states that are not members of the ICC. The ICC has been warned for years and decided to continue to create its own mandate. And now since the ICC wanted to play stupid games, it can win stupid prizes.

The European Union imports a small amount of direct Russian crude oil and petroleum products—totaling about 1.2-1.5 billion Euros a month. I must have missed your posts on the them.

Russia hasn't been giving Iran weapons, the Chinese have given them some but not much since the shooting started. Both have provided some intelligence but the majority of the targeting data that they actually used came through Google AI.

I'm not a Trump fan, and I've never voted for the guy, but I'd rather have him then Andy Burnham, Macron or any other leader in Europe right now. I'd throw Carney in that list as well since he prefers to be European instead of Canadian which is an oddity itself. I would choose Sanae Takaichi over Trump as I think she is my current favorite world leader. The reality is that almost every other world leader was elected/selected because of hatred towards someone else and not because people were so excited to have someone be in charge. Negative Voting has become the norm instead of the exception.
 
It's like something out of black mirror !
USA is F****d
Only ghouls would watch this .
I will celebrate the downfall of this administration.
You are going to be waiting a while. Two more years of Trump in office and then we'll see him Pardon his team and family against Federal prosecution. Even if the Democrats take the House and Senate, it won't be by a large enough majority to do anything but submit impeachment paperwork that won't go anywhere because they won't have the votes to pass it through.

France and the rest of Europe will fall before the US does. Geographically, economically and militarily the US has the advantage and no one is even close. All Europeans can do about it is cry.
 
Trump is just cutting deals and going after the ICC for overreach while trying to bring energy prices down. Can't see much wrong with it. It's results over the usual lectures.
I have no issues with pragmatism. The result does indeed matter. Trump though isn't concerned about the real result. His concern is only about trying to save the mid terms from the stupidity of his own actions.

What will these actions actually result in? Not in the short term, when even those consequences are likely to be insignificant, but in the long term? Will they end the wars in Ukraine and Iran? Will they save civilian lives or take them? Will they benefit the US and world economic prospects over the next 50 years?
 
I have no issues with pragmatism. The result does indeed matter. Trump though isn't concerned about the real result. His concern is only about trying to save the mid terms from the stupidity of his own actions.

What will these actions actually result in? Not in the short term, when even those consequences are likely to be insignificant, but in the long term? Will they end the wars in Ukraine and Iran? Will they save civilian lives or take them? Will they benefit the US and world economic prospects over the next 50 years?
The dems don’t want the ICC in the USA either but trump is the first to actually do something.
 
I have no issues with pragmatism. The result does indeed matter. Trump though isn't concerned about the real result. His concern is only about trying to save the mid terms from the stupidity of his own actions.

What will these actions actually result in? Not in the short term, when even those consequences are likely to be insignificant, but in the long term? Will they end the wars in Ukraine and Iran? Will they save civilian lives or take them? Will they benefit the US and world economic prospects over the next 50 years?

I don't know if you have noticed but Every politician anywhere chases votes?

Long-term peace and growth follow from strength and pragmatism anyway.
 
The ICC had a chance to stop its overreach and exceeding its mandate towards states that are not members of the ICC. The ICC has been warned for years and decided to continue to create its own mandate. And now since the ICC wanted to play stupid games, it can win stupid prizes.

The European Union imports a small amount of direct Russian crude oil and petroleum products—totaling about 1.2-1.5 billion Euros a month. I must have missed your posts on the them.

Russia hasn't been giving Iran weapons, the Chinese have given them some but not much since the shooting started. Both have provided some intelligence but the majority of the targeting data that they actually used came through Google AI.

I'm not a Trump fan, and I've never voted for the guy, but I'd rather have him then Andy Burnham, Macron or any other leader in Europe right now. I'd throw Carney in that list as well since he prefers to be European instead of Canadian which is an oddity itself. I would choose Sanae Takaichi over Trump as I think she is my current favorite world leader. The reality is that almost every other world leader was elected/selected because of hatred towards someone else and not because people were so excited to have someone be in charge. Negative Voting has become the norm instead of the exception.
ICC overreach? It's actions are intended to hold a very public mirror up to unacceptable behaviour so that world opinion can be formed. It's intended to throw light on those who prefer their actions remain in the shade. It's the result of the civilised world demonstrating collective values and showing moral leadership that even the most powerful cannot ignore. The ICC is not a body of it's own making. It's ours. Us being all the decent people in the world.

Only a couple of weeks ago Trump was sanctioning countries who were buying oil from Russia. If you think changing course quite so dramatically has anything to do with anything other than the mid terms then I disagree.

Who knows what support Russia has provided. I doubt it's publicly available. That said as it's very much in their interests to do so I would be surprised if they had just sat back. Putin doesn't think like that.
 
Livestream.

Is that what we've come to?

Back to the good old days.

In Victorian times, in the UK, Thomas Cook used to do special tourist trips to see public hangings

Well, at least it kept people in jobs, eh?

Different country, I know, but I'm sure public executions were the order of the day in 19thC USA, weren't they?

A good old return to traditional values.

Well you don't just book it, you Thomas Cook it.

Public executions are still a thing in Islam so I say go for it, right after the Friday begging the spaghetti monster prayers
 
Last edited:
There are so many points in so few words that are just too odd to debate but I'll try.

Kirk was murdered. No due process you see. Completely unrelated to this question.

Both sides of politics condemn the live streaming of this execution. To label those who protest as "lefty" is just nonsense.

The "left" (as far as you can place them all under one flag) generally condemns execution per se. That is in China, Russia, Iran or the USA. Saying they "don't care" about Iranian executions is just a thought that pops into your head that you then type out. It bears zero relationship to what pretty much everyone thinks.


Fair points however "The Left" don't care about all foreign brutality, they pick and choose depending on whichever way their ideology takes them, which is deep into hypocrisy. That hypocrisy is everywhere and in just about everything they will stand for, and even the moderates, like Dantifa and Saturn, will exhibit it in droves.

I'm left of centre, social democrat, and I'm afraid I can't stand with their lunacy so I'm pushed into what can stop it and that unfortunately requires some sacrifices of other things I would rather have such as EU membership. Taxing the rich will never happen under any system, they will either have a system where they don't pay, or a system where they are forced to leave.
 
I'm more of a soy boy when it comes to meat.

I like pigs.....an intelligent animal, probably brigher than most dogs.

I want more humane ways of ending animal lives than we have.


A myth in my view. I used to live next door to a working abattoir when I lived in Banbury, a street called "Lambs Crescent". Replaced by a clean Morrisons now. They'd be bringing in the pigs in the morning when I left for work, and when I came home they'd be loading them back up all on the meat hooks.

Now, Gordon Ramsey changed my view, he had a couple of pigs he asked for his kids not to become attached to, but they did. When they went to the public televised execution, which Ramsey rightly showed to viewers one was stunned, immediately hoisted and had it's throat cut, blood spewing all over the floor, and the other one next to it didn't give a s*** and carried on eating like nothing had happened. That's how "smart" they are.

This statement from the operator

Cows though, they have far more brains.

Halal and Kosher isn't like this.
 
You are going to be waiting a while. Two more years of Trump in office and then we'll see him Pardon his team and family against Federal prosecution. Even if the Democrats take the House and Senate, it won't be by a large enough majority to do anything but submit impeachment paperwork that won't go anywhere because they won't have the votes to pass it through.

France and the rest of Europe will fall before the US does. Geographically, economically and militarily the US has the advantage and no one is even close. All Europeans can do about it is cry.


It amazes me how much the left want the fall of the USA. If and when, regardless of what we hate about the place, it will usher in far far more death and misery than it ever produced.

It's as if the countries we involved ourselves in are some utopia that would flourish. It's just more white hatred really.
 
The dems don’t want the ICC in the USA either but trump is the first to actually do something.
I don’t think that is universally true of the Democrats. What is true is that the influence of the Israeli lobby in the USA runs deep and wide. Which is yet another example of the way their politics is no longer fit for purpose. When money buys power and not the people, to the degree it does, and no party offers the way to stop it, the people are powerless to actually control their own destinies.
 
Feck him. He should be stripped naked and f***ed to death by a rhino.
Who cares about him. We have news outlets and internet showing beheadings and people flying off roofs for being gay and now pussies crying that a mass murderer is humiliated. Don’t watch it. Quite simple really !
Give him the rhino death but does it have to be public entertainment?
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top