US Politics

I didint say it was okay. Just calling out the hypocrisy.
You don’t have to lean ,left or right to know that to reintroduce public executions to a modern Christian democracy is a massive kick in the teeth for civilisation.
Execute by all means , if that’s what the law requires, but not with the public invited to a public celebrity party. This stinks of Hegseth, and Trump having zero class ,but we already knew that.
 
Charlie Kirk was publicly executed and leftys celebrated. When Trump publicly executes a terrorist the leftys loose their minds. 🤷‍♂️

Might I add they don't care about public executions in Iran either.
There are so many points in so few words that are just too odd to debate but I'll try.

Kirk was murdered. No due process you see. Completely unrelated to this question.

Both sides of politics condemn the live streaming of this execution. To label those who protest as "lefty" is just nonsense.

The "left" (as far as you can place them all under one flag) generally condemns execution per se. That is in China, Russia, Iran or the USA. Saying they "don't care" about Iranian executions is just a thought that pops into your head that you then type out. It bears zero relationship to what pretty much everyone thinks.
 
Charlie Kirk was publicly executed and leftys celebrated. When Trump publicly executes a terrorist the leftys loose their minds. 🤷‍♂️

Might I add they don't care about public executions in Iran either.

He’s done it lads. He’s somehow found something more mind-numbingly stupid to say, just when you thought he couldn’t do it.

You just have to stand and applaud at this point.
 
There are so many points in so few words that are just too odd to debate but I'll try.

Kirk was murdered. No due process you see. Completely unrelated to this question.

Both sides of politics condemn the live streaming of this execution. To label those who protest as "lefty" is just nonsense.

The "left" (as far as you can place them all under one flag) generally condemns execution per se. That is in China, Russia, Iran or the USA. Saying they "don't care" about Iranian executions is just a thought that pops into your head that you then type out. It bears zero relationship to what pretty much everyone thinks.

I respect your response but in my opinion as you said Kirk’s murder had zero due process but plenty of open celebration from the left. That’s the hypocrisy I was talking about. And it's the same people who lose it over a terrorist getting executed and stay quiet about Iran’s public hangings every week.

As for my own opinion on this public execution of a terrorist. I am against it. Put him in a cell and let him rot for the rest of his life.
 
You don’t have to lean ,left or right to know that to reintroduce public executions to a modern Christian democracy is a massive kick in the teeth for civilisation.
Execute by all means , if that’s what the law requires, but not with the public invited to a public celebrity party. This stinks of Hegseth, and Trump having zero class ,but we already knew that.

That's fair. I agree.
 
More sugar vicar?

It's a kind of facade and weakness to shy away from the reality of consequences because the dirty business of killing someone isn't pleasant.
It's like how I note that some people find it very easy to send other people's sons to war, just as long as they or their sons don't have to face it.....because it's all words rather than the tactile reality of war at their personal door.

This guy deserves the consequences, as 13 families lost members and others seriously injuried.....it should have happened far sooner.....Private or public makes no difference to me.

For me, society needs to toughen up as we have created a world that can ignore realities if they aren't that nice....like how the bacon reaches the plate
 
Last edited:
I respect your response but in my opinion as you said Kirk’s murder had zero due process but plenty of open celebration from the left. That’s the hypocrisy I was talking about. And it's the same people who lose it over a terrorist getting executed and stay quiet about Iran’s public hangings every week.

As for my own opinion on this public execution of a terrorist. I am against it. Put him in a cell and let him rot for the rest of his life.

I think executions are better for everyone all round personally.....except perhaps the murderer, but their opinion is forfeit in my view.

However, until they change the law to reduce the ability of liberals to drawn the process out and make it very expensive....we are left with this dramatic nonsense.
 
I think executions are better for everyone all round personally.....except perhaps the murderer, but their opinion is forfeit in my view.

However, until they change the law to reduce the ability of liberals to drawn the process out and make it very expensive....we are left with this dramatic nonsense.

I think everyone for the death penalty should be made to watch it.

Just seen your edit. Completely agree that meat eaters should see how it gets on their plate (I’m not a soy boy when it comes to meat ☺️)
 
I think everyone for the death penalty should be made to watch it.

Just seen your edit. Completely agree that meat eaters should see how it gets on their plate (I’m not a soy boy when it comes to meat ☺️)

We are in agreement.

With the one addition, that before they watch the execution, they should be shown the crime scene, via video, told what happened there and have the families affected by that murder comment.
 
Of course it is their choice.

In the instant case, he knew he would be executed as you say and presumably accepted that as worthy martyrdom.

However, it was always the choice of the state to live stream it. And by doing so, they have reduced themselves to the level of Hamas, Al Queda and ISIS all of whom beheaded in the same way.

It is disgusting and beneath the dignity of a civilized modern democracy. I would hope that most Americans agree.
The most passionate people in discussing this are coming from two areas, far left liberals who are anti death penalty and current/former servicemembers who wish that they could be assigned to the duty of executing him. For one side it is the belief that every life is sacrosanct and for the other it is about settling debt to those who died, were wounded or had to suffer through what he caused.

Who is "civilized" is inherently subjective and heavily shaped by cultural, historical, and philosophical perspectives. Where you come from primarily determines what you believe is civilized. If we are doing the math of what people are the world actually think is civilized, you are going to be sad and disappointed because while you are in the Western majority, the majority of the world does not follow your beliefs. It is human nature to believe that we are part of a "civilized" culture and that everyone else is barbarians. I personally don't believe that I can really judge whether a person is actually a good person or not until I've seen them in high stress situations. Anyone can be moral when they don't have a stake in the game, but if you had to look in the eyes of Francheska Velez's parents and explain why you don't believe that the guy who murdered their pregnant daughter deserves death you may not be as exuberant as you are at your computer.

And while I was initially surprised at the decision to do it publicly, I absolute agree with it. We live in a world where you can get more prison time for saying mean things then some people get for rape. If there is going to be a death penalty, then due it in public instead of privately and let the world see it for all that it is. I'm not a fan of hiding the realities of life, I've raised my kids to understand that life can be brutal and that actions have consequences so they'll both be allowed to watch.

And I've already warned them, as I warn everyone now, that after the volley, an Army Dr will evaluate Nidal, and if he is still alive, the OIC/NCOIC of the detail will pull out their side arm and put a bullet in his head. The world isn't sunshine and rainbows and if removing him from the world gives any of his victims even the slightest bit of comfort, I'm all for it.
 
More sugar vicar?

It's a kind of facade and weakness to shy away from the reality of consequences because the dirty business of killing someone isn't pleasant.
It's like how I note that some people find it very easy to send other people's sons to war, just as long as they or their sons don't have to face it.....because it's all words rather than the tactile reality of war at their personal door.

This guy deserves the consequences, as 13 families lost members and others seriously injuried.....it should have happened far sooner.....Private or public makes no difference to me.

For me, society needs to toughen up as we have created a world that can ignore realities if they aren't that nice....like how the bacon reaches the plate
In England public executions were outlawed in 1868 and private executions in 1964. I doubt a referendum on bringing it back would win.
Hegseth supporting public executions in 2026 is almost akin to Pol Pot - a return to year zero.
America has a long and in their eyes a proud tradition of stringing people up in public, but that’s America. Like Iran and Saudi they can do what they want but I don’t think people in the UK and Ireland support it.
 
I think everyone for the death penalty should be made to watch it.

Just seen your edit. Completely agree that meat eaters should see how it gets on their plate (I’m not a soy boy when it comes to meat ☺️)

I'm more of a soy boy when it comes to meat.

I like pigs.....an intelligent animal, probably brigher than most dogs.

I want more humane ways of ending animal lives than we have.
 
In England public executions were outlawed in 1868 and private executions in 1964. I doubt a referendum on bringing it back would win.
Hegseth supporting public executions in 2026 is almost akin to Pol Pot - a return to year zero.
America has a long and in their eyes a proud tradition of stringing people up in public, but that’s America. Like Iran and Saudi they can do what they want but I don’t think people in the UK and Ireland support it.

I recognise my opinion is in the minority.

But I think that's because British society has declined in toughness (as in others) in many ways and I view this as a moral decline.

We aren't a patch on the generations that gave the world so much.
 
Last edited:
Surely it is clear that public executions should not take place. The availability to judges of a death sentence is a different discussion.
 
Surely it is clear that public executions should not take place. The availability to judges of a death sentence is a different discussion.

I do agree that public executions should not take place.
But if someone ever murdered or raped my daughter I tell you my mind would certainly change and would want to be the one carrying out the justice.
 
I recognise my opinion is in the minority.

But I think that's because British society has declined in toughness (as in others) in many ways and I view this as a decline.

We aren't a patch on the generations that gave the world so much.
I hold the belief that the decline of intestinal fortitude in Western Europe is a result of of adventurism in so many of its adventurers moving to the Americas in the 1700/1800s, massive loss of brave men during WWI/II and the lack of actual threat in the last 30 years that forced people to actual push themselves in service of something greater then they are.
 
You yearn for a bygone era

Well, I yearn for certain principles from it, yes.

I think we would improve society if we tried to encourage some aspects of the past. Modern culture has resulted in many negative outcomes that have damaged lives and continue to do so.

No one can turn a clock back, but concepts like duty are very important and seemingly lost via deliberate change in the cultural messaging.
And yes....even shame, had its place for certain behaviours.....which now are practically encouraged.

If the Titanic disaster happened today.....We all know how a lot of it would cultually play out....and it's a massive decline for less than four generations.
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top