• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Thomas Tuchel

England will be the only leading football nation to have foreign managers of both their men's and women's teams.
Simultaneously perhaps but Scotland's Ladies coach is Spanish and Bertie Vogts was coach of the mens team. Ireland have had English coaches for both men and women. Wales have had English managers and the ladies coach is currently Canadian.
If, big if of course, Tuchel wins a tournament will anyone really care where he's from?

Simultaneously perhaps but Scotland's Ladies coach is Spanish and Bertie Vogts was coach of the mens team. Ireland have had English coaches for both men and women. Wales have had English managers and the ladies coach is currently Canadian.
If, big if of course, Tuchel wins a tournament will anyone really care where he's from?
He will be lauded and supporters will bow before his temple.
I understand the craving for an English manager but in the final analysis the 'Pool' is not extensive.
Some football journalists are not in favour of the Tuchel appointment.

I think it's an excellent appointment.

My interest in England been reserved for tournaments, especially with Palace being a PL club over the past decade+, so Tuchel can goose-step down the touchline for all I care, so long as he delivers what he has done in his managerial career so far.

He will be lauded and supporters will bow before his temple.
I understand the craving for an English manager but in the final analysis the 'Pool' is not extensive.
Some football journalists are not in favour of the Tuchel appointment.
He might not have much opportunity; 18 months is a short contract - starting and potentially ending with the World Cup.

I think it's an excellent appointment.

My interest in England been reserved for tournaments, especially with Palace being a PL club over the past decade+, so Tuchel can goose-step down the touchline for all I care, so long as he delivers what he has done in his managerial career so far.
He can goose the players if he wins anything.

If he wasn't German no one would be complaining. He is a well qualified manager and will be a nice change after the useless Southgate.
The only downside is that the press will be all over him if he starts badly. We all know what those hyenas can be like.

to all the paranoid nay-sayers i reply this.........

Tuchel IS German , but is not a Nazi. Not to my knowledge. Nor had he any complicity in WWII. Something similar with Jurgan Klopp. The Scousers loved him when they were winning.

Want to insist on an English manager ? how about the NF BNP Nazi Nick Griffin ? he is English after all ? Flying the flag and all that ? Keeping one eye on the flag and one eye on the football match.

now, can you all see how warped and twisted the logic of the Tabloids is ?

If he wasn't German no one would be complaining. He is a well qualified manager and will be a nice change after the useless Southgate.
The only downside is that the press will be all over him if he starts badly. We all know what those hyenas can be like.
Nothing to do with wars for me. I actually don’t mind most Germans. However, I don’t like French people so a Frenchman would be worse. But Germany are our rivals. The p1ss taking whether he’s successful or not will prove our rivalry.

Back