• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

Penge Eagle

Administrator
Staff member
Country
England
Labour have been in power just a short time after winning the General Election in July. I'd like to know what people think are their good and bad accomplishments so far...

They are taking away. our winter fuel allowance, plan to build 1.5 million homes in a fortnight, will cover the country in windmills and solar panels, welcome with open arms any foreign national who wants to come to the UK to rape our women and murder little children, want to tax anyone with a few bob in the bank.

Can't think of any good things.

They are taking away. our winter fuel allowance, plan to build 1.5 million homes in a fortnight, will cover the country in windmills and solar panels, welcome with open arms any foreign national who wants to come to the UK to rape our women and murder little children, want to tax anyone with a few bob in the bank.

Can't think of any good things.
Knock knock your nicked 🙂

My question was now, not 2028. You don't have anything?
Far too early to judge anything done in office!

They did though win the election, even if the Tories practically handed it to them on a plate.

The only time to judge what they have done since will be after some time has elapsed.

However, taking a firm line on dealing with the rioting looks promising.

The bill for uncosted expenditure not mentioned in the manifesto is going up at quite a pace now. Was always going to be but its going faster than I expected

Last edited:
The bill for uncosted expenditure not mentioned in the manifesto is going up at quite a pace now. Was always going to be but its going faster than I expected
A fashion started by that lettuce Liz Truss, we were near to being all in a truss through here mad give money away budget.

Basically yes, the objective was ok but the execution was terrible. Hard to see growth in next five years other than govt spending which Labour calls investment.

I have no problem with short term funding for medium term gains but making govt bigger is not real growth as it is funded by a diminishing tax base.

This is not economic rocket science .

Far too early to judge anything done in office!

They did though win the election, even if the Tories practically handed it to them on a plate.

The only time to judge what they have done since will be after some time has elapsed.

However, taking a firm line on dealing with the rioting looks promising.
But it is possible to opine in what they have done to date.

Two prime examples - the Pensioners Winter Fuel allowance and settling with the Rail Unions.

I thought Labour were the Party of trying to help those of limited means not punish them.

One of the few issues I supported the Tories on was their refusal to give in to Mick Whelan and Co. Now it was all for nothing. And Labour have set themselves up for others to demand and get pay increases.

Two major fails from me.

And their '' firm line '' with the rioting is only about doing the right thing. I would expect whoever was in Government to have done likewise

But it is possible to opine in what they have done to date.

Two prime examples - the Pensioners Winter Fuel allowance and settling with the Rail Unions.

I thought Labour were the Party of trying to help those of limited means not punish them.

One of the few issues I supported the Tories on was their refusal to give in to Mick Whelan and Co. Now it was all for nothing. And Labour have set themselves up for others to demand and get pay increases.

Two major fails from me.

And their '' firm line '' with the rioting is only about doing the right thing. I would expect whoever was in Government to have done likewise

On top of that, they are now going to remove the minimum voting Law for strike votes.
another deal done with the Unions.
It is now more obvious than ever that the strikes over the last 18 months or so were political and orchestrated with Labour behind the scenes.
There is little positive so far I am sad to say.
These last few weeks will not be forgotten though and they will be ejected in 5 years time.
No feel good at all and they have already lied more I would have thought possible.
These bumper pay deals will push inflation up again and so interest rates will rise again and we will all suffer.
If the election was tomorrow they would lose.

Her approach was the way to go. She rushed it and did not prepare the ground.
The markets dived and we were rated as a third rate country, she simply had to go with the chancellor of the exchequer.The alternative would have closed Britain's borrowings.

Back