• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Rayan Cherki

"Crystal Palace are monitoring Lyon midfielder Rayan Cherki."

Know nothing about him to be honest but 17 goals and 25 assists in 141 games for Lyon isn't too bad. According to transfermarkt.co.uk he mainly plays as a CAM but can also play on either wing.

I'd be surprised by this Canterbury.

My understanding is that Cherki is considered to be a phenomenal talent albeit somewhat mercurial. Having said that, I've not seen other clubs scrambling for him so perhaps there is something in it, especially with our ownership model.

I've wanted us to go in for him since last summer when he looked awesome against us in a friendly at Selhurst.

I also thought he'd be quite an easy transfer cos he is at one of Textor's other clubs.

"Crystal Palace are monitoring Lyon midfielder Rayan Cherki."

Know nothing about him to be honest but 17 goals and 25 assists in 141 games for Lyon isn't too bad. According to transfermarkt.co.uk he mainly plays as a CAM but can also play on either wing.

This would be a statement signing. Maybe Textor owes us one after O'Brien plus it seems Lyon need some money. I'm not sure how easily the player can be sold on moving to us but fingers crossed.

This guy is full of tricks and would be loved by the fans, but he is not keen on defending.
He is the sort of player we need, but this looks a long way off. There was interest from PSG but they pulled out. Cherki is waiting for a bigger club I suspect.

No better way to the bigger club than shop window in the EPL.
I'm sure he would wait till late in the window to see what turns up. If we are his best option and our interest is genuine, then something might happen.

I'm sure he would wait till late in the window to see what turns up. If we are his best option and our interest is genuine, then something might happen.
Yes that definitely seems the most likely of scenarios. Would be an interesting addition though and could help compensate for the loss of Olise's creative qualities.

Yes that definitely seems the most likely of scenarios. Would be an interesting addition though and could help compensate for the loss of Olise's creative qualities.
Certainly.
His weakness is defending, and he doesn't really score a lot of goals for someone so gifted.

Who knows how Glasner would feel about that.

Certainly.
His weakness is defending, and he doesn't really score a lot of goals for someone so gifted.

Who knows how Glasner would feel about that.
Ye I guess it'd be Ollie's call. It also doesn't really strike me as our typical kind of signings. It's usually Dougie stalks a player for a year before they sign whereas this seems a bit more like Lyon/Textor desperate to get a fee for him before his contract is up.

His real weakness is his attitude as he has been causing all sorts of disharmony in the dressing room
If true, definitely not a Palace signing. Just listen to Guehi gushing how much he loves the vibe at Palace.

Then again, he only has Chelsea to compare. Low bar?

On which, I suspect Carney Chukwuemeka from that club a better option. Better balance on the right.

I certainly wouldn't be upset about this IF there's any truth in it.. He was very impressive in the pre season friendy against us at the beginning of last season and caused us all sorts of problems.

His real weakness is his attitude as he has been causing all sorts of disharmony in the dressing room
Well, PSG backed off from a deal. We don't want any disruptive influences. That goes for Stirling as well.

Back