• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Oasis reunion

Im a fan but I decided I’m not bothering with the desperate scramble for tickets, sod that. I see them in their prime at the old Wembley and the tickets were free,no desperate expensive scramble for me back then, so I’m not doing it now. it was a great night, so I’m happy with that memory. I’ve got that night on dvd, so I’ll dig that out sometime

Im a fan but I decided I’m not bothering with the desperate scramble for tickets, sod that. I see them in their prime at the old Wembley and the tickets were free,no desperate expensive scramble for me back then, so I’m not doing it now. it was a great night, so I’m happy with that memory. I’ve got that night on dvd, so I’ll dig that out sometime
I refuse to pay inflated prices to see anyone now, especially if you've seen them before.
I'm not toping up someone's pension, paying £150 upwards for a decent seat.

Taking the piss.

I refuse to pay inflated prices to see anyone now, especially if you've seen them before.
I'm not toping up someone's pension, paying £150 upwards for a decent seat.

Taking the piss.
You'd have been lucky to get a ticket for that too, Hrolf. They were going for £350.
Knebworth in 1979 cost £7.50 which was a bit pricey at the time.

Did they do knebworth in their school uniforms Teddy? 😀
Don't know about them but I know that due to an arrangement/meeting balls-up I slept on a bench outside Bethnal Green tube station the night before and on the forecourt of Kings Cross Station after getting back to London. It was a lot of grief to see Chas & Dave play in a field. Surprisingly they weren't the headliners but even so.

Don't know about them but I know that due to an arrangement/meeting balls-up I slept on a bench outside Bethnal Green tube station the night before and on the forecourt of Kings Cross Station after getting back to London. It was a lot of grief to see Chas & Dave play in a field. Surprisingly they weren't the headliners but even so.

Oh sorry I’m with you now, I thought you see Oasis there and the date was a typo 😀

Back in the day, artists made their money through record/cassette/cd sales.

The advent of streaming has resulted in their making money via live performances.

I've no objection to any band charging £100+ for tickets but ' dynamic pricing ' is just pure greed.

Ticketmaster needs to be broken up ( see the ownership structure ), and the aiding and abetting of supporting touts, stopped.

Back