• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Oasis reunion

I really don't understand why this reunion thing has created headlines. A couple of fighting brothers looking to pay for their very costly divorces. They weren't bad in their day, but they were neither exceptional musicians or songwriters - just managed to produce some reasonable singalong material.

But, if they manage to get the Glastonbury gig, I'll be watching on the TV.

I never got the Beatles link, except them talking about it. If they deserved any comparison it was probably to Slade - crowd pleasing anthems which weren't about anything. They put out some good enough songs and were more enjoyable than the fey twiddling that passes as popular music now.
As the saying goes: Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

They played down the road at the Nyon Paleo festival. When someone threw a bottle of water on stage they walked off after half an hour (their minimum contract time to play) and that was it.

My mate who was head of security kept them waiting at the festival until 4 o'clock (for their own safety) 🙂.
When they did get back to their hotel in Geneva they trashed it and left for their next gig early morning.

Bunch of wänkers, I wouldn't bother if you were considering spending money on that.

I really don't understand why this reunion thing has created headlines. A couple of fighting brothers looking to pay for their very costly divorces. They weren't bad in their day, but they were neither exceptional musicians or songwriters - just managed to produce some reasonable singalong material.

But, if they manage to get the Glastonbury gig, I'll be watching on the TV.
It may be due to the lack of "proper" Guitar based rock bands around these days.

After a very quick check (I may have missed some). There has only been two No.1s in the last 15 years from a Band. One being the Beatles in 2023 and the other 3 lions. Compare that with the Early 90's where you had Queen, Iron Maiden, U2, The Clash, UB40, Oasis, Blur, Pulp etc.

It may be due to the lack of "proper" Guitar based rock bands around these days.

After a very quick check (I may have missed some). There has only been two No.1s in the last 15 years from a Band. One being the Beatles in 2023 and the other 3 lions. Compare that with the Early 90's where you had Queen, Iron Maiden, U2, The Clash, UB40, Oasis, Blur, Pulp etc.
One Direction?

Fair point Apollofuzz. Can't argue with your dates, or the lack of number 1s, but at least in the early 2000s we had the wonderful White Stripes, The Kooks and Arctic Monkeys knocking out some good guitar based tunes.

Like your scooter btw.

Got to say I fing hate Oasis ,complete bellends . Its like supporting Man City in my book . Poop beatles tribute act and I didn't like them either .

😛
I was with you till you slagged off the Beatles.

You are the ugly Walnus....coo-coo-ca-choo....and I rescind your lunch ticket!

On the subject of Oasis hype, I note that I am now receiving a growing number of ads for parkas. Doesn't take long for some folk to capitalise does it?

Anyway, the classic parka was the style coat of choice for Mods in the 60s, not these copycat upstarts.

On the subject of Oasis hype, I note that I am now receiving a growing number of ads for parkas. Doesn't take long for some folk to capitalise does it?

Anyway, the classic parka was the style coat of choice for Mods in the 60s, not these copycat upstarts.
The M51 M65 Parka with the fish tail was worn to protect the sharp suits of the MODs from the elements. I must say they are very warm and practical. I am lucky enough to have one with the original fur hood and hand warmers. I also have a replica one I have owned from the early 80's that I have worn to death.

The M51 M65 Parka with the fish tail was worn to protect the sharp suits of the MODs from the elements. I must say they are very warm and practical. I am lucky enough to have one with the original fur hood and hand warmers. I also have a replica one I have owned from the early 80's that I have worn to death.
Sounds like you may have even been a 'Face'.

the fella was correct when he said "pop will eat itself"

RiP rock and roll. Its for the dinosaurs.

Computer Games & being a YouTuber ( or x ) are the new Rock & Roll.

An amusing over reaction to the so called reformation of an OK band jumping on the 20 year cycle nostalgia bandwagon.

Not really Oasis though, just Liam and Noel with Noel's band. A bit like Lennon and McCartney reforming 'The Beatles' with members of Wings. Not that I would seriously compare them in the musical sense.

I saw Oasis as plagiarists, somewhere between The Beatles and Slade, slowly ripping off tunes from their parent's record collection. The even nicked a bit of Gary Glitter.

Limited as musicians and singers but managing a few good but unoriginal tunes, their fame always seemed a little disproportionate, but then, that era generally lacked real quality.

Nevertheless, they will be laughing all the way to the bank. Get your money out suckers.

Nicely put Hrolf. I am finding the sob stories about not getting tickets hilarious. "i was waiting on the phone for 6 hours and then got cut off , just as I was top of the queue"
Or the hotel bookings shenanigans. The punters trying to exploit no cancellation fees , then the hotel cancelling and relisting the rooms for 5 times the original value. 😀

These are the stories that hearten me. It's like Princess Diana's funeral all over again, where the nation gets gripped in this irrational mob mentality.
Can't wait for the new media splash about how a guy sold all his belongings to get a ticket..... 😀

Last edited:
Nicely put Hrolf. I am finding the sob stories about not getting tickets hilarious. "i was waiting on the phone for 6 hours and then got cut off , just as I was top of the queue"
Or the hotel bookings shenanigans. The punters trying to exploit no cancellation fees , then the hotel cancelling and relisting the rooms for 5 times the original value. 😀

These are the stores that hearten me. It's like Princess Diana's funeral all over again, where the nation gets gripped in this irrational mob mentality.
Can't wait for the new media splash about how a guy sold all his belongings to get a ticket..... 😀
No doubt they will release more dates 'due to overwhelming demand' so those who missed out on tickets can join a new queue and start over.

These are the stores that hearten me. It's like Princess Diana's funeral all over again, where the nation gets gripped in this irrational mob mentality.
Well, I think that's mean spirited of you. Perhaps your dislike for the band has something to do with it.

I'm no Oasis fan but have suffered similar treatment at the hands of Ticketmaster. Nothing better than a legalised corporate ticket tout.

Well, I think that's mean spirited of you. Perhaps your dislike for the band has something to do with it.

I'm no Oasis fan but have suffered similar treatment at the hands of Ticketmaster. Nothing better than a legalised corporate ticket tout.
I call them Ticketbastard.

Back