• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Johnstone and Ahamada want to leave

I was one of the minority who said that Henderson was the better keeper. The problem is deciding what are the most important qualities for a keeper. Whilst Johnstone usually seems to play out from the back better than Henderson and controls his area with more confidence, Henderson is (IMO) the better shop stopper and has quicker reflexes as he showed at least twice last night. I am disappointed that Johnstone doesn't want to stay to fight for the no. 1 spot BUT we don't know exactly what Glasner has said to him when he gave Henderson the no 1 spot.

I don't rate Ahamada one bit. Every time I have seen him play I think he is terrible and I really don't understand the fuss about him when Vieria signed him. Johnstone on the other hand is a brilliant keeper that I will be sad to see go. If he's so unhappy being away from him family up north then I don't understand why he signed for us in the first place...

or signed a new and improved contract last year, after we had already signed Henderson. He also lost his place due to his own injuries so must accept some of the blame.

Right, that's it, I'm off. Where's my hat and my keys?

Wolves give us Wayne Hennessey.

We give them Sam Johnstone.

Nah, nah, nah, nahhhh, nahhhhhhhh.

So Sam Johnstone from Preston is moving to Wolves in the Black Country, who have Jose Sa in goal, as he is homesick and wants first team football. Lovely, nothing wrong with that narrative.
Sa is apparently leaving and Johnstone has been told he is no 1 keeper .This could bite us on the arse .

Looks like Sam is going for only 10m complete madness that is way to low bad business.
You win some, you lose some. What's strange is how Johnstone fell out of favour - not long ago most of us on here preferred him to Henderson. Still, what do we know?

Back