• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ireland vs England, Dublin, Saturday 5pm

The number of internationals being played is ever increasing. Billy Gilmour has more caps for Scotland than any of the Celtic European Cup winning team. Mason Mount has 36 caps - nothing against him but he's not a regular choice.

Well, OK, the first half maybe.
Yes, the first half was pretty good but the second half was a combination of Ireland cancelling England out and England cruising.

I thought Gordon looked really dangerous on the left. Crazy pace. Eze is going to struggle to get in there - in my opinion. Saka barely had the ball, but Alexander-Arnold was excellent, I thought.

Frankly, the whole thing showed Southgate up but he's gone so we move on.

I thought Gordon looked really dangerous on the left.
i had forgotten about Gordon. Along with Grealish, Rice, Maguire & Kane. There was probably more irish parental DNA in the white shirts than the green shirts.

Some of the green shirts are without any irish ancestor , at all. Their eligibility to play is from being born in Ireland.

Many players like Guehi & Raheem Sterling, were born abroad and naturalised to play for England.

Hence, 'country' is a fluid & flexible concept in football. As we saw with Rice's muted celebration having scored against his 'ex country'.

Last edited:
Back