• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ireland vs England, Dublin, Saturday 5pm

Ray was brilliant for us that 1 season towards end of his career.
scored a cracker down Holmesdale end (vs charlton?)
following season his legs had gone.

Steve Staunton was another Irish international who gave us a short spell of brilliance at the end of his career, also including a brilliant goal from near the dugouts that looped in the net up the Whitehorse end

Only slight criticism I would have is Mainoo doesn't quite look right in the very centre of midfield but I guess Bellingham's going to come back among other options. Would suit Wharton.
Gordon and Grealish look dangerous.
Maguire - well not sure what he's done to be selected.

Only slight criticism I would have is Mainoo doesn't quite look right in the very centre of midfield but I guess Bellingham's going to come back among other options. Would suit Wharton.
Gordon and Grealish look dangerous.
Maguire - well not sure what he's done to be selected.
He signed for Man United.

What formation and players in the formation are we playing?

I like how we’re taking them on all the time. It does help that Ireland are quite rubbish and are trying to attack us, but still, better to watch than the turgid Southgate turd.

What formation and players in the formation are we playing?

I like how we’re taking them on all the time. It does help that Ireland are quite rubbish and are trying to attack us, but still, better to watch than the turgid Southgate turd.
It’s 4-2-3-1 isn’t it, with TAA going forward and coming into midfield quite a bit?

Hardly an exciting game though. These 'friendly' internationals are more painful to watch rhan proper ones. Just hope that Marc or Ebs don't get nobbled.

It’s supposed to be competitive in the Nations League, although we’ve been relegated to the 2nd tier because we can’t beat quality teams/countries.
Nations League is made up for a reason I don't fully understand. All it does is interrupt our PL games and unnecessarily risks injury to our players.

Nations League is made up for a reason I don't fully understand. All it does is interrupt our PL games and unnecessarily risks injury to our players.
Internationals generate money for the FA's . They say they are necessary to provide money for grass roots football . Nations league are supposed to replace meaningless friendlies and give a route into the Euro finals before the euro finals qualification which also makes euro qualification meaningless . Progress in either nation league or euro qualification gets you seeded in the euro finals which means you play meaningless games until the quarter finals .

Same old crap from England , Kane destroys any creativity and to think he will be getting his 100th cap on Tuesday ?? International football is pretty boring at the best of times and needs the edge of the finals to make it worth while or worth watching

I think it was to stop meaningless friendlies and give the minnows more competitive football. San Marino actually won their first ever game this week.
Problem is I think for most people they’re still just friendlies really, no one cares

Last edited:
I can see international country money ball, driven now by the Arabs, introducing transfers. So Saudi Qatar etc will undoubtedly rule the world of money ball.

Back