HSBC Sports Ground Beckenham

Ooo lovely area, already decent facilities there and clubhouse. Was my training ground a way way way back while I played for Croydon fc u18s so I know it very well. Didn't hold rain well however from my memory.
 
Ooo lovely area, already decent facilities there and clubhouse. Was my training ground a way way way back while I played for Croydon fc u18s so I know it very well. Didn't hold rain well however from my memory.
But just down the road from Lower Sydnham. Not so lovely.

I used to live just up road from there for a short while and used the gym next door to the training ground.

I'm not sure we could build a ground there but it would be great if we did.
 
But just down the road from Lower Sydnham. Not so lovely.

I used to live just up road from there for a short while and used the gym next door to the training ground.

I'm not sure we could build a ground there but it would be great if we did.
I live a 10 minute walk from the ground. The idea of building a stadium is not realistic. I have no idea if we have enough land but the ground is surrounded by houses in quiet streets. There are however three different train lines in walking distance of the ground.

That said I just don't see planing permission being approved for a major stadium in a quiet residential area, not these days anyway.

I think the club has bought it for the reasons indicated as part of the Academy / Training facilities. we may host reserve games with a small number of spectators but I doubt it will go beyond that.
 
I live a 10 minute walk from the ground. The idea of building a stadium is not realistic. I have no idea if we have enough land but the ground is surrounded by houses in quiet streets. There are however three different train lines in walking distance of the ground.

That said I just don't see planing permission being approved for a major stadium in a quiet residential area, not these days anyway.

I think the club has bought it for the reasons indicated as part of the Academy / Training facilities. we may host reserve games with a small number of spectators but I doubt it will go beyond that.
Probably not.

I have often wondered how hard the board tried to find a site to build a new stadium before deciding to stay at selhurst. The Park idea was a non starter, but I have never been convinced that another site couldn't be found.
Now we see the incredibly slow progress in building at Selhurst Park while trying to preserve the existing stand. There are still areas that need to be demolished before the actual construction begins and the pace of progress seems to have slowed to a crawl. How we will get this done on schedule and time the completion so the stand is ready for the new season, I do not know.

Time will tell.
 
Probably not.

I have often wondered how hard the board tried to find a site to build a new stadium before deciding to stay at selhurst. The Park idea was a non starter, but I have never been convinced that another site couldn't be found.
Now we see the incredibly slow progress in building at Selhurst Park while trying to preserve the existing stand. There are still areas that need to be demolished before the actual construction begins and the pace of progress seems to have slowed to a crawl. How we will get this done on schedule and time the completion so the stand is ready for the new season, I do not know.

Time will tell.
I thought the scheduled completion date was sometime in 2028.
 
Probably not.

I have often wondered how hard the board tried to find a site to build a new stadium before deciding to stay at selhurst. The Park idea was a non starter, but I have never been convinced that another site couldn't be found.
Now we see the incredibly slow progress in building at Selhurst Park while trying to preserve the existing stand. There are still areas that need to be demolished before the actual construction begins and the pace of progress seems to have slowed to a crawl. How we will get this done on schedule and time the completion so the stand is ready for the new season, I do not know.

Time will tell.
It was a multi-layered process involving comprehensive and extensive research.
 
I thought the scheduled completion date was sometime in 2028.
Well according to those interpreting Parish's recent interview, everything is delayed again and there will probably be no actual building this season.

One wonders what is actually going on.
 
I've got a particular interest in this as I played football, firstly for the British Bank of the Middle East and latterly HSBC, at this sports ground. In fact it's the former BBME pavillion shown in the photo that The Times used when reporting on this story.

So I started there as a 17 year old in 1974, played in the old London Banks League, Southern Amateur League before playing for the Veterans team. Played my last 90 minutes at the age of 55 in 2012 !

Many great memories for me there. Both on and off the pitch !

I'm glad that the land will be used by Palace. It feels right.
 
Well according to those interpreting Parish's recent interview, everything is delayed again and there will probably be no actual building this season.

One wonders what is actually going on.
Thought the completion date was changed to 2029 , there will be work but not much visible , its another busy football season
 
Thought the completion date was changed to 2029 , there will be work but not much visible , its another busy football season
At what point do they think actually building something will be appropriate?

Is it about timing the final phase to be complete in the closed season? Or maybe because we are just about to spend a load of money on expanding the training facilities?
 
Bit late, spent a fortune on the current place. I guess this is first team only then
 
Didn't realise it was just across the road, and much larger
 
At what point do they think actually building something will be appropriate?

Is it about timing the final phase to be complete in the closed season? Or maybe because we are just about to spend a load of money on expanding the training facilities?
Well lets see start piling the ground while fans are still going there or wait until May , still cable work to be done , Ideal world knock it down and rebuild from scratch , but there will still be slow moments then , its not a barren land start , the training ground will only cost 40m and its empty land
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top