Eden Eagle
Member
- Location
- Kent
- Country
England
It is 👍My dad used to work for Midland Bank, is that the same ground ?
England
It is 👍My dad used to work for Midland Bank, is that the same ground ?
England
England
England
But just down the road from Lower Sydnham. Not so lovely.Ooo lovely area, already decent facilities there and clubhouse. Was my training ground a way way way back while I played for Croydon fc u18s so I know it very well. Didn't hold rain well however from my memory.
You might know my brother in law Gordon CI used to play both cricket and hockey for Lloyds Bank so have played at a variety of the grounds in that part of Beckenham in the dim and distant past (70s and 80s). Good memories.
I live a 10 minute walk from the ground. The idea of building a stadium is not realistic. I have no idea if we have enough land but the ground is surrounded by houses in quiet streets. There are however three different train lines in walking distance of the ground.But just down the road from Lower Sydnham. Not so lovely.
I used to live just up road from there for a short while and used the gym next door to the training ground.
I'm not sure we could build a ground there but it would be great if we did.
USA
England
Probably not.I live a 10 minute walk from the ground. The idea of building a stadium is not realistic. I have no idea if we have enough land but the ground is surrounded by houses in quiet streets. There are however three different train lines in walking distance of the ground.
That said I just don't see planing permission being approved for a major stadium in a quiet residential area, not these days anyway.
I think the club has bought it for the reasons indicated as part of the Academy / Training facilities. we may host reserve games with a small number of spectators but I doubt it will go beyond that.
England
Sorry, we had six cricket teams and several hockey ones and I don't even remember the names of most of those who were in my teams.You might know my brother in law Gordon C
England
I thought the scheduled completion date was sometime in 2028.Probably not.
I have often wondered how hard the board tried to find a site to build a new stadium before deciding to stay at selhurst. The Park idea was a non starter, but I have never been convinced that another site couldn't be found.
Now we see the incredibly slow progress in building at Selhurst Park while trying to preserve the existing stand. There are still areas that need to be demolished before the actual construction begins and the pace of progress seems to have slowed to a crawl. How we will get this done on schedule and time the completion so the stand is ready for the new season, I do not know.
Time will tell.
England
It was a multi-layered process involving comprehensive and extensive research.Probably not.
I have often wondered how hard the board tried to find a site to build a new stadium before deciding to stay at selhurst. The Park idea was a non starter, but I have never been convinced that another site couldn't be found.
Now we see the incredibly slow progress in building at Selhurst Park while trying to preserve the existing stand. There are still areas that need to be demolished before the actual construction begins and the pace of progress seems to have slowed to a crawl. How we will get this done on schedule and time the completion so the stand is ready for the new season, I do not know.
Time will tell.
USA
England
Well according to those interpreting Parish's recent interview, everything is delayed again and there will probably be no actual building this season.I thought the scheduled completion date was sometime in 2028.
England
He played in the firsts in cricket most people remember him for some reason lol do you remember in the bar , club half's lolSorry, we had six cricket teams and several hockey ones and I don't even remember the names of most of those who were in my teams.
Thought the completion date was changed to 2029 , there will be work but not much visible , its another busy football seasonWell according to those interpreting Parish's recent interview, everything is delayed again and there will probably be no actual building this season.
One wonders what is actually going on.
England
At what point do they think actually building something will be appropriate?Thought the completion date was changed to 2029 , there will be work but not much visible , its another busy football season
Well lets see start piling the ground while fans are still going there or wait until May , still cable work to be done , Ideal world knock it down and rebuild from scratch , but there will still be slow moments then , its not a barren land start , the training ground will only cost 40m and its empty landAt what point do they think actually building something will be appropriate?
Is it about timing the final phase to be complete in the closed season? Or maybe because we are just about to spend a load of money on expanding the training facilities?