• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

How Many

Goalkeeper:

Henderson

Johnstone (leaving? would need replacing)

Mathews

Right backs:

Munoz

Clyne

Ward

Center Backs:

Guehi (Lacroix additional or in replace of)

Richards

Chadi-Riad

Holding

Left back:

Mitchell

CDM:

Wharton

Lerma

Hughes

Doucoure

CAM:

Kamada

Eze

Schlupp

Ahamda (Loan?)

Sarr

Franca

STRIKERS:

Mateta

Edouard (Nketiah) 23 players

this is our situation and squad. Any sales need replacing and i still feel our quality is well down from what it should be with the sales we have made and the cash we have to play with.
You've missed out Remi Mathews, 3rd GK.

Being linked with Mark Travers from Bournemouth to replace Johnstone.

If we don't bring in a CB and a LB at a minimum before the window ends it's negligent. I'm afraid I think Tyrick Mitchell is very much a weak link in our first XI and it would be unforgivable for him not to, at the very least, have some competition, if not an upgrade.

out: Guehi, Johnstone, Edouard

in: Nketiah, Lacroix, Gomez, LWB (Cornet is a good shout - down the pecking order at spam), mayve a young goalie understudy

Obviously I will continue to refresh the NewsNow page every 5 minutes but, realistically, I think our business for the summer is done after Lacroix and Nketiah come in and Johnstone (regrettably) goes out.

Rumours about any foreign players are likely to have to wait to the next window.

LWB a genuine worry. No way we will release Schlupp as he is the only cover unless we have someone blinding coming through the academy?

Obviously I will continue to refresh the NewsNow page every 5 minutes but, realistically, I think our business for the summer is done after Lacroix and Nketiah come in and Johnstone (regrettably) goes out.

Rumours about any foreign players are likely to have to wait to the next window.

LWB a genuine worry. No way we will release Schlupp as he is the only cover unless we have someone blinding coming through the academy?
i'd agree - as long as we keep MG which now seems likely.

However, we do now need goalie cover now so hopefully a loan will come in.

I would also go back to Chelsea and try to get a few potentials on loan only, especially if the Riad injury is not minor

We still haven't got a LWB which is surprising as this position was name checked by both Parish and Glasner.
We're now linked with a last minute move for Cornet (who we tried for before).
This smacks to me that we're going for Plan B as we couldn't get our top target.

I'd still take Cornet as left sided option, and we will have space in the squad with the potential exit of surplus midfielder Ahamada.

We need a keeper with the sale of Johnstone,but if Lacroix, Nketiah and Cornet join - and we don't release another first teamer - then I don't think it will have been a bad window.

I would like to see some loans with options to buy it's puzzling why we are not using this system especially when it comes to bringing in players from EU.

Look how long it took us to get a right back the mess with left back is no surprise and Mitchell is not cut out to be number 1 at this level every game he does work hard but second half he struggled the pace is too much for him.

I would like to see some loans with options to buy it's puzzling why we are not using this system especially when it comes to bringing in players from EU.

Look how long it took us to get a right back the mess with left back is no surprise and Mitchell is not cut out to be number 1 at this level every game he does work hard but second half he struggled the pace is too much for him.
Completely agree. However, I find it quite astonishing we never use Schlupp. As far as I can remember, he was largely an attacking left wing back at Leicester.

Completely agree. However, I find it quite astonishing we never use Schlupp. As far as I can remember, he was largely an attacking left wing back at Leicester.

He was a wing back useless at defending which has not changed but good driving forward with pace.

Something not right with him he was favored by a few managers and then had to have time off for personal reasons now rarely gets used makes you wonder if it's a mental issues.

We do have a lot of options now which could be another reason but I do think at times he would be a good choice off the bench.

Glasner has been making bad choices with subs reminding me of Roy also waiting to long

His interview is on the BBC right now.

It would be all manner of shocking if we didn't have multiple announcements before window shut. That may just be Lacroix and Nketiah (I say 'may', they'd be great) but I'll remain delusionally optimistic until then.

By my account (I could be wrong), we have spent 73 million (5 million possible add-ons) and earned 90 million (with 8 million possible add-ons). Obviously this doesn't account for salaries, which is too complicated to work out, but I would imagine it's about even.

OutPriceAdd-ons
Olise50
Andersen255
Ayew53
Johnstone10
Thomkins
Riederwald
Fergerson
In
Kamada
Riad-18
Turner
Chalobah
Saar-12
Nketiah-25-5
Lacroix-18
-73-5

By my account (I could be wrong), we have spent 73 million (5 million possible add-ons) and earned 90 million (with 8 million possible add-ons). Obviously this doesn't account for salaries, which is too complicated to work out, but I would imagine it's about even.

OutPriceAdd-ons
Olise50
Andersen255
Ayew53
Johnstone10
Thomkins
Riederwald
Fergerson
In
Kamada
Riad-18
Turner
Chalobah
Saar-12
Nketiah-25-5
Lacroix-18
-73-5

Riad was 12m

Not impressed still have not addressed the issues left back ???

Needed proper winger as well Kamada has shown already he can not do that role Munoz is having to do everything on that side so what happens if he gets injured clyne/ward cant do it. (ward is so past it should have retired)

Feels like we have gone back to buy cheap to fill numbers not going for quality to make the whole squad better.

Last edited:
Back