• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

How Many

1 in (probably a centre back) and 2 out, Guehi and one other.
We’ll have plenty of money in the bank but and although we tried we couldn’t get the transfers over the line as it’s difficult at the end of the window(so why do we always leave it until late)
Board will panic in January, when we are near the relegation zone and Glasner has left. Rinse and repeat until we finally get relegated.
Same story every year. Anyone expecting any more than one in this week will be sorely disappointed. We take weeks to get a player in. The lack of credible rumours points towards little incoming activity.
SP will hope we have enough to get 17th or above again.
Did alright last January.

I'll be surprised if we hook ait Nouri, Sterling is too dear but the other 2 seem real.

Nketiah apparently? Very mixed reception on here.

Indeed a 'Mixed reception' from supporters I have been in engaged in conversation with this afternoon outside of HOL.
I have yet to establish if there is any substance to the speculation.

Yes you’re right we did. It looked like we were going to be dragged into a relegation battle and the board acted accordingly. There were gaps in the squad left over from the summer window.
It could happen the same this time around.
Maybe this is the new norm, and the best time to buy is at the beginning of the summer and the January window. It always used to be that January buys were always overpriced, because selling clubs could take advantage of desperate teams looking to revitalize an underperforming squad. But maybe it is now the time for a bargain, with PSR deadlines looming and teams needing to sell or face a points deductions later in the year. If you keep your powder dry and can manage until then, then maybe you get a much better deal and are in a position (unlike many other clubs) to take advantage of a situation like Adam Wharton and Blackburn. I'd say Chelsea might be a little more rattled by then and in need of a few sales

We need a winger, a centre forward, a left back, and at least one centre half.

Knowing Parish, we will get two of those if we are lucky.

Why didn't we take £65m for Gheui and keep Anderson, Makes no sense . I can see another goalie, a couple of youth players and the same old bullshit about we ran out of time to sign another player.

Why didn't we take £65m for Gheui and keep Anderson, Makes no sense . I can see another goalie, a couple of youth players and the same old bullshit about we ran out of time to sign another player.
Anderson wanted a 5 year contract at 150k a week. Palace don't seem to want the over 30's ( which Anderson would turn during the contract ) on extended terms. Fulham were able to meet the terms so it would no doubt make sense to move the player on. Does not make me overly happy as he is a quality player entering his peak years as a defender and we will be worst off without him.

The situation we find ourselves in now is extremely poor considering the money we have received and the time we have had this window to improve. I was of the understanding (via numerous reporters) that we would make a high profit sale to then improve the missing parts of the squad and it's depth. this has not happened and in fact i feel we are worse of this summer than last depth wise.

As the situation stands right now i feel we are 4 short. LWB, CB, a left footed CAM/ RW, and a back up center half.

I have read that Edouard, Johnstone and Ahamada may also leave before Fridays deadline. This would leave us unimaginably short. i don't often get drawn into the negative feelings of the club and like to see the other side of the coin but if this all does come about then we really are in for another mediocre season.

The situation we find ourselves in now is extremely poor considering the money we have received and the time we have had this window to improve. I was of the understanding (via numerous reporters) that we would make a high profit sale to then improve the missing parts of the squad and it's depth. this has not happened and in fact i feel we are worse of this summer than last depth wise.

As the situation stands right now i feel we are 4 short. LWB, CB, a left footed CAM/ RW, and a back up center half.

I have read that Edouard, Johnstone and Ahamada may also leave before Fridays deadline. This would leave us unimaginably short. i don't often get drawn into the negative feelings of the club and like to see the other side of the coin but if this all does come about then we really are in for another mediocre season.

The BBC Gossip Column this morning has three Palace entries on it, suggesting 2 out/1 in (Edouard/Guehi out, Nketiah in) - Football gossip: Osimhen, Sterling, Nunes, Nketiah, Mamardashvilli

The window started well and it appeared we were ahead of the game but it feels as though that direction of travel has reversed.

We seem to be selling off key assets and bringing in the odd bargain to try and replace them. Not a great model and even then we're ending up with less players than we had originally.

With the window remaining open for a short time I can hope that suddenly we'll bring a number of high quality players for restoration if not improvement but I fear that is a dream which will swiftly turn into a crushing reality. Even if it were the case, we'll see a quarter of the season pass whilst the manager tries to get everyone up to speed and figure things out.

Feels a lot less 'masterplan' and more 'same old, same old'. My hopes of a top half finish are now more focussed on the avoidance of catastrophe.

Sarr, Kamada and Riad alongside other squad bolsters would have been a good window if not spectacular. the fact we have sold others and still not improved is borderline just suicidal. happy for another season of just plodding along. The fanatics will have their 'no ambition' tifo out before long.

In an ideal world, 4 in (Lacroix, Nketiah, Alt-Nouri permanently, and Sterling on loan) and 2 out (Edouard and Johnstone- the latter as part of a swap deal for Alt-Nouri). I’d settle for 2 in and none out. Guehi out without Lacroix or similar in would be worrying.

The BBC Gossip Column this morning has three Palace entries on it, suggesting 2 out/1 in (Edouard/Guehi out, Nketiah in) - Football gossip: Osimhen, Sterling, Nunes, Nketiah, Mamardashvilli

The window started well and it appeared we were ahead of the game but it feels as though that direction of travel has reversed.

We seem to be selling off key assets and bringing in the odd bargain to try and replace them. Not a great model and even then we're ending up with less players than we had originally.

With the window remaining open for a short time I can hope that suddenly we'll bring a number of high quality players for restoration if not improvement but I fear that is a dream which will swiftly turn into a crushing reality. Even if it were the case, we'll see a quarter of the season pass whilst the manager tries to get everyone up to speed and figure things out.

Feels a lot less 'masterplan' and more 'same old, same old'. My hopes of a top half finish are now more focussed on the avoidance of catastrophe.

Your sentiments echo the views of supporters with whom I have engaged in conversation.
A plethora of wailing and lamentation and expectations once elevated are not just low but subterranean.
Someone commented with some asperity "We are going gloosh down the loo".

So what's the worst that could happen from here. I'll have a go:
1. Guehi goes to Newcastle
2. Lacroix gets last minute stage fright and decides to stay in Germany (or trips on the kerb outside Sainsbury's and breaks a leg/ankle)
3. Eze goes to Citeh or Spurs
4. West Ham gazump us for Nketiah
5. Mateta goes to Villa or Italy
6. Johnstone gets 11th hour transfer and is not replaced
7. No further incomings this window
8 Edouard stays as our only central striker
Oh and finally,
9. Glasner walks in disgust AND
10 Textor buys out the other owners

What are the odds on that, I wonder?

Last edited:
So what's the worst that could happen from here. I'll have a go:
1. Guehi goes to Newcastle
2. Lacroix gets last minute stage fright and decides to stay in Germany (or trips on the kerb outside Sainsbury's and breaks a leg/ankle)
3. West Ham gazump us for Nketiah
4. Mateta goes to Villa or Italy
5. Johnstone gets 11th hour transfer and is not replaced
6. No further incomings this window
7 Edouard stays as our only central striker
Oh and finally,
8. Glasner walks in disgust

What are the odds on that, I wonder?

All those things have already happened in my mind.

And you have the audacity to label yourself 'doombear'! 🤣

Goalkeeper:

Henderson

Johnstone (leaving? would need replacing)

Mathews

Right backs:

Munoz

Clyne

Ward

Center Backs:

Guehi (Lacroix additional or in replace of)

Richards

Chadi-Riad

Holding

Left back:

Mitchell

CDM:

Wharton

Lerma

Hughes

Doucoure

CAM:

Kamada

Eze

Schlupp

Ahamda (Loan?)

Sarr

Franca

STRIKERS:

Mateta

Edouard (Nketiah) 23 players

this is our situation and squad. Any sales need replacing and i still feel our quality is well down from what it should be with the sales we have made and the cash we have to play with.

Back