• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

How Many

Just over 5 days to go, how many in and out

I'm going for 4 in (one a keeper) 2 out, Guehi and Johnstone. although i haven't a clue
I would like to see the following
Lacroix - to cover Andersen departure
Gosens - as cover for LWB (can't see us getting Alt-Nouri)
Chukwuemeka - on loan (maybe to buy)
Cherki - to cover Ayew Departure
Another centre forward maybe on loan or free agent - my choice would be Wissam Ben Yedder as a free agent for a year.

Going Out
Edouard to anyone that will take him

I would like to see the following
Lacroix - to cover Andersen departure
Gosens - as cover for LWB (can't see us getting Alt-Nouri)
Chukwuemeka - on loan (maybe to buy)
Cherki - to cover Ayew Departure
Another centre forward maybe on loan or free agent - my choice would be Wissam Ben Yedder as a free agent for a year.

Going Out
Edouard to anyone that will take him
I am beyond certain that we will NOT get more than two players in,we do not splash the cash,an extraordinary suggestion.

If we are to look at who we're linked with, it looks like we're in for Lacroix - so we want a CD.
We're then linked to one or two wingers/attacking midfielders - looks like we want someone there - presumably just one.
Then we're linked to a couple of full backs/wing backs on the left as competition for Mitchell.

So looking at that - if we got one of each over the line it would be three more signings.

I have a feeling we’ll end up with 4. I get the impression listening to all the interviews OG has done in recent days that he knows who he wants and is very much in sync with Dougie and SP on what’s going on.

I have a feeling we will get 2 from Chelsea (maybe 3) and Lacroix - but I think Guehi will very sadly be off.

When I look at all the suggested names I get tempted to put Shami Chakrabati up as a thread. I know she's a dame, a civil rights activist and may still be in charge of Liberty, but she might make good cover for Mitchell, she's a lefty, and she's pretty quick. Unfortunately I'd get yellow carded for being an idiot, though I it would be a badge of honour.

The next few days may well give the appearance of a desperate last minute rush in the sales.

Nketia's sale to Forest breaks down so potentailly we're supposed to be in for him as Arsenal want him off their books.

Sterling is unwanted by Chelsea so there's a potential deal as Chelsea want him off their books.

Chaloboah is available as Chelsea want him off their books so ... you know the rest.
It's all a bit lastminute.com.

Where's the vision and long term strategy?
Do we want to bring in players merely because we can bring them in a bit cheaper or do we want to bring in players committed to the club and in line with the strategic direction of the club?

It's not quantity we require, it's quality. I'd take 1 or 2 very good players over 4 acceptable players.
An example yesterday was Kilman for West Ham. A £40m buy but was immense. Arguably the best player on the pitch.
Not easy to find of course. Chukweameka and Nketiah may fit the bill, though buying Big 6 cast offs has not worked for us in the past.

1 in (probably a centre back) and 2 out, Guehi and one other.
We’ll have plenty of money in the bank but and although we tried we couldn’t get the transfers over the line as it’s difficult at the end of the window(so why do we always leave it until late)
Board will panic in January, when we are near the relegation zone and Glasner has left. Rinse and repeat until we finally get relegated.
Same story every year. Anyone expecting any more than one in this week will be sorely disappointed. We take weeks to get a player in. The lack of credible rumours points towards little incoming activity.
SP will hope we have enough to get 17th or above again.

We will all wait and wait we will hear all sorts of rumours, that Mbappe has been spotted at the Jerrk Shack or a couple of sightings of David Nugent in Sainsbury's car park.

Wilf we be seen popping up all over Thornton Heath.

And we will all wake up the next morning to find that for a myriad of reasons we just could not get the big deals over the line and that Aaron Ramsdale has arrived on a free.....

We will all wait and wait we will hear all sorts of rumours, that Mbappe has been spotted at the Jerrk Shack or a couple of sightings of David Nugent in Sainsbury's car park.

Wilf we be seen popping up all over Thornton Heath.

And we will all wake up the next morning to find that for a myriad of reasons we just could not get the big deals over the line and that Aaron Ramsdale has arrived on a free.....

I'd take him on a free though.

Cover or an upgrade on Mitchell is a priority and haven't seen enough of Riad to know if we need another CB .That could be a must if we lose Guehi .

Will depend on departures so one for sure maybe two .

Back