• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

How long does it take you to get to Selhurst?

45 Minutes to get to Chania airport, an hour and a half before at 3 hour 40 minute flight to Gatwick. Then about an hour to collect bag, get train to East Croydon. 15 Minutes to check into hotel/airbnb. Then another 30 minutes to get to west Croydon station for train to Thornton Heath for a beer in the Telegraph.
Only Selhurst would keep me from leaving Chania, IF I lived there...just got back from a holiday there...fantastic! You're lucky living there!!!

Formerly it was a 4 minute ride to Norwood Junction. These days i never visit Selhurst. Too much bother with Ryanair and all that guff.

Sadly i am only an electronic Eagle. You see more of the match on the telly than ever sitting at the Arthur Wait. The bonus being that i live surrounded by ManUre & Liverpool shirts. Watching a Palace victory in the pub is relishing beyond belief.

Beckenham here. 15 min drive and 15 min walk (i park a bit far to avoid traffic after game)

Interestingly no direct bus drom my area so public transport is hassle. Thought of bike (it would be 20 min) but not confident to leave my lovely road bike 😊

Once when my car was under repair, i walked back to home (to taste the fact of walking) and it was roughly an hour.

A 1 hour drive to Cork Airport , and have to get there 2 hours before the flight , a one hour flight , half an hour from Gatwick to Croydon then a 45 minute walk from Croydon to SP . So over 5 hours to get there and the same to get back at a cost of about 300 euro before i go to the Palace shop , stay in the travel lodge in Croydon and take the Mrs shopping the next day in the Whitgift Centre , takes about 2 days to recover after that . Is it worth it . Bloody right it is last one i went to was the 5-0 thumping of Villa , Priceless :ireland:😊
Fair play to you, but I question one aspect of your arrangements.... shopping in the Whitgift Centre? That place is a dump these days; take a train from East Croydon and hit the west end.

A 1 hour drive to Cork Airport , and have to get there 2 hours before the flight , a one hour flight , half an hour from Gatwick to Croydon then a 45 minute walk from Croydon to SP . So over 5 hours to get there and the same to get back at a cost of about 300 euro before i go to the Palace shop , stay in the travel lodge in Croydon and take the Mrs shopping the next day in the Whitgift Centre , takes about 2 days to recover after that . Is it worth it . Bloody right it is last one i went to was the 5-0 thumping of Villa , Priceless :ireland:😊

you could drive to Newry in under 3 hours. Do your shopping in the Sterling Zone ( without getting stabbed) ....and carry a carload of new underwear back home. Maybe even visit a Pub on the Shankill Road to watch the game surrounded by Chelsea fans. They might take offence to your Tipperary accent but will get really confused if you are wearing your Palace Red, white and blue.

you could drive to Newry in under 3 hours. Do your shopping in the Sterling Zone ( without getting stabbed) ....and carry a carload of new underwear back home. Maybe even visit a Pub on the Shankill Road to watch the game surrounded by Chelsea fans. They might take offence to your Tipperary accent but will get really confused if you are wearing your Palace Red, white and blue.
Na i think il give that one a mis me and a few mates used to go up the Galvahey Road before the blockade was up just to bring back memories but we wouldnt do it any more . Cant run as fast as i used to 🥷

Fair play to you, but I question one aspect of your arrangements.... shopping in the Whitgift Centre? That place is a dump these days; take a train from East Croydon and hit the west end.
When you live in Tipperary even the Whitgift Centre looks like Harrods to women 😉, Jesus you're trying ta break me , i hope my Mrs never sees your post , twill cost a small fortune to go to see Palace , il have to sell me prize pig . 😱

2 hour drive to St Malo, overnight ferry, breakfast in Portsmouth, 3/4 hours by car to upper Norwood. meet my mates and get a lift to the ground. About 16 hours in all.

Back