• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

How long does it take you to get to Selhurst?

As a kid, 15mins walk.

Now, by car 1hr to 1hr 30.
Motorbike, 35 / 40 mins
It takes you 1 to 1hr 30 minutes from Sidcup Den?? I know London traffic’s a mare these days, but I used to live in Sidcup in the 90’s and it never took me that long 😳
Clear run, I can get to selhurst from Sittingbourne in 1 hr 15 minutes

It takes you 1 to 1hr 30 minutes from Sidcup Den?? I know London traffic’s a mare these days, but I used to live in Sidcup in the 90’s and it never took me that long 😳
Not in sidcup anymore, bit further out but not much, maybe it’s the route I take but I seem to spend half the time in traffic. If I’m on my own I go by bike and I fly through.

From the south coast (West Sussex) it can be a protracted and arduous journey of nigh on 2 hours or more, on account of level crossings and the sheer volume of traffic with bottlenecks along the route.One can feel like a giant armadillo inching one's way across a terrain awash with obstacles in one's path.

Not in sidcup anymore, bit further out but not much, maybe it’s the route I take but I seem to spend half the time in traffic. If I’m on my own I go by bike and I fly through.
Oh right. My trip takes me longer to do the 10 miles from the M25 to selhurst than it does the 35 miles up to the M25 from Kent

Never been. But it would be 3 hours from home to liftoff in Boston, then 7 hours to Heathrow. I'll let others estimate the rest of the trip.

Do I get any credit for seeing our preseason match vs. Wolves in Annapolis, 400 miles from home? 3-1 win.

The quickest I can do it at present is around 23 hours, as British Airways have stopped direct flights from EZE (Buenos Aires) to LHR... and that's door to door including the train or even cabs.

Pre-Covid, it was only 17 hours from my front door to the Holmesdale Road on Norwegian Airlines direct to Gatwick.

And just the flight from here now costs around 1600 sovs return, so I don't get to many matches.

Same from Lordswood. Although I don’t touch the south circular. I go West Wickham then past click house etc.

How long's a piece of string? When the trains are running on time I can do the 45 mile journey from and to Sussex in around 75 minutes to 90 mins. However, last season there were probably only about 5 or 6 home games when there weren't strikes, driver shortages, engineering works, someone on the line or cancellations, in which case it can be a 2 hour plus trip.

And to think, I used to have a 10 minute WALK from Portland Road……those were the days 😁
I used to have it shorter than that from opposite south Norwood Library about 3 to 4 minutes From Penzance now six hours to Paddington another hour to Norwood Junction ten minute walk from there.

Was only just under 20 mins, from West Wickham, when i lived in the U.K., but now, sadly, a bit longer! Taxi to airport 35 mins, then probably 2 hrs (recommended airport arrival), before flight dep. time, then appx. 2hrs flight, Gothenburg to Stansted, then roughly 1 hr 20 min from Stansted to Selhurst.
So about 6 hours for me now...😬💤💤

Back