• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

How long does it take you to get to Selhurst?

On a good day, going straight to the ground, a few minutes over an hour driving from Kent. 😎

On a bad day, either stopping off in Lewisham to see family/run errands or straight to the ground, many more minutes than an hour! 😡

New forum eh, snazzy! :sideo: (Thought I'd get Side-o in)

A 1 hour drive to Cork Airport , and have to get there 2 hours before the flight , a one hour flight , half an hour from Gatwick to Croydon then a 45 minute walk from Croydon to SP . So over 5 hours to get there and the same to get back at a cost of about 300 euro before i go to the Palace shop , stay in the travel lodge in Croydon and take the Mrs shopping the next day in the Whitgift Centre , takes about 2 days to recover after that . Is it worth it . Bloody right it is last one i went to was the 5-0 thumping of Villa , Priceless :ireland:😊

30 minutes from Caterham to Norwood Junction by train, then about an hour in the Jolly Sailor & a 15 minute walk to the ground - Similar for the return journey.

No traffic, clear run, about an hour and 15 minutes, but as we all know clear runs going anywhere these days are rare

If I get the train, 45 mins up to Bromley, then 10 minutes to penge east and then 5 minutes from penge west to Norwood junction

A 1 hour drive to Cork Airport , and have to get there 2 hours before the flight , a one hour flight , half an hour from Gatwick to Croydon then a 45 minute walk from Croydon to SP . So over 5 hours to get there and the same to get back at a cost of about 300 euro before i go to the Palace shop , stay in the travel lodge in Croydon and take the Mrs shopping the next day in the Whitgift Centre , takes about 2 days to recover after that . Is it worth it . Bloody right it is last one i went to was the 5-0 thumping of Villa , Priceless :ireland:😊
Respect 😎

Brilliant. Does your Mrs match your spend when she's shopping in Croydon? My brother's Mrs would. Fortunately, mine's a rare diamond - doesn't like spending money!

An hour to Belfast International, need to be there at least 2 hours before my flight to get through the security. Train from Gatwick to East Croydon where I usually either check in at the Premier Inn/Easyhotel or my mate’s in Warlingham and then on to Selhurst. Afterwards have a few beers in Croydon.
It’s a long day

You ever fly from Shannon as another option?

Brilliant. Does your Mrs match your spend when she's shopping in Croydon? My brother's Mrs would. Fortunately, mine's a rare diamond - doesn't like spending money!
Nah my Mrs has zero interest in seeing that side of me or walking that far 🤣 . She usually goes off to some Philippino nail place and gets the nails ansd eyebrows done :drunk:. Then has a relaxing bath and a bottle of white . Then i comeback like a hyper child with no voice and ruin her peaceful day .

You ever fly from Shannon as another option?
Yea flown from Shannon a few times , its just as far from Tipp . The flights go at strange times . I've left in the morning awatched a match and caught the 9 oclock flight back a few times but you'd be under pressure to be back in Gatwick for 7.

A bit. 🤣 Fly Boston to London ... that's a 13 hour trip with driving to the airport and then train from Heathrow to London. Easy part? Train from London Bridge to Norwood Station ... that takes like 12 minutes. I make 4-5 matches a season, it would be more but I'm happily married and would like to keep it that way!!

A bit. 🤣 Fly Boston to London ... that's a 13 hour trip with driving to the airport and then train from Heathrow to London. Easy part? Train from London Bridge to Norwood Station ... that takes like 12 minutes. I make 4-5 matches a season, it would be more but I'm happily married and would like to keep it that way!!
You’re just showing off now 😀

45 Minutes to get to Chania airport, an hour and a half before at 3 hour 40 minute flight to Gatwick. Then about an hour to collect bag, get train to East Croydon. 15 Minutes to check into hotel/airbnb. Then another 30 minutes to get to west Croydon station for train to Thornton Heath for a beer in the Telegraph.

Back