• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Forest Predictions

eagleman13

Country
Bermuda
I know it's a few weeks away, but, watching the CheFor game & rat-face has been sent off. So, their main outlet for set pieces will be missing. Their constant pressing of Chelsea is good, their passing is, well, woefully. Think we could get a result there. 1-2

I’ll see who survives the international break, but with spurs next we definitely need a win against Forest. It’s a shame we’ve had such a poor start, because there’s been signs in every game we look half decent, it’s just we can’t keep missing chances and only joining in for half a game

It's a bit soon, what with the international break and all.

But, for sure Hughes must start. He's our only player who looks like he wants to win a match and maybe some of his energy will rub off on the others. Would also be worth trying Kporha in place of Munoz now he's injured.

I'm compelled to say we'll win. We must win.

Forest will not be a walk over by any means and another 1-0 defeat will not come as a surprise ,as the wheels well and truly come off as far as our early season optimism goes. Talk of top 10 finish,or European football, not going to happen!!

Last edited:
Whilst appreciating we have only beaten this lot once in the last 20 years, if there is a match set up for our philosophy and tactical mindset, then this is it.

We need to continue and play direct soccer, as witnessed during the second half yesterday. Stand firm and wrestle the ball back and then go long over the top into JP’s zone and nullify their possession-based ‘Man City’ stance who play it out from the back and will pass us to death, something we aren’t capable of.

Whilst watching their game today, it is obvious NES has coached them explicitly well (as he did his impressive WWFC team).

Their methodology is based on fluidity and thinking on their feet whilst each player will maintain the shape set in possession whilst launching very easy-the-eye attacks that stream via their talisman and pied piper MGW, who is simply a class above any player we harbour.

He is the kind of player our club can only dream about nowadays and one of several reasons why NFFC have become the latest club to surpass Palace in terms of ability, support and financial muscle whilst being able to attract a higher calibre of player than us.

And obviously with Nuno, I would imagine he is the type of benchmark Glasner is trying to model himself on. It is crazy to think that we came close to getting him as our coach a couple of years ago although I’m sure he has a different perspective on that and probably asked Crystal who, after SP contacted the Santo legal team in Saudi and showed interest.

But this is a game we can win and I’m sure I echo the view of many of our fans being over the moon if we snatch a point and would even say a draw would feel like a victory in the current depressing climate at CPFC after being relegated when previously making identical starts to the current campaign.

Up the Palace.

But this is a game we can win and I’m sure I echo the view of many of our fans being over the moon if we snatch a point and would even say a draw would feel like a victory in the current depressing climate at CPFC after being relegated when previously making identical starts to the current campaign.

Up the Palace.
Sorry Honey, but I will not be over the moon if we snatch a point. Nothing less than a win will bring me any pleasure at all. This is without question a must win match.

Whilst appreciating we have only beaten this lot once in the last 20 years, if there is a match set up for our philosophy and tactical mindset, then this is it.

We need to continue and play direct soccer, as witnessed during the second half yesterday. Stand firm and wrestle the ball back and then go long over the top into JP’s zone and nullify their possession-based ‘Man City’ stance who play it out from the back and will pass us to death, something we aren’t capable of.

Whilst watching their game today, it is obvious NES has coached them explicitly well (as he did his impressive WWFC team).

Their methodology is based on fluidity and thinking on their feet whilst each player will maintain the shape set in possession whilst launching very easy-the-eye attacks that stream via their talisman and pied piper MGW, who is simply a class above any player we harbour.

He is the kind of player our club can only dream about nowadays and one of several reasons why NFFC have become the latest club to surpass Palace in terms of ability, support and financial muscle whilst being able to attract a higher calibre of player than us.

And obviously with Nuno, I would imagine he is the type of benchmark Glasner is trying to model himself on. It is crazy to think that we came close to getting him as our coach a couple of years ago although I’m sure he has a different perspective on that and probably asked Crystal who, after SP contacted the Santo legal team in Saudi and showed interest.

Up the Palace.

What is this soccer you speak of?

Sorry Honey, but I will not be over the moon if we snatch a point. Nothing less than a win will bring me any pleasure at all. This is without question a must win match.
POG, I hear you and I want to agree with you, but we also have to be realists under the current circumstances and where we are in the table. I do not envisage us being above 14th place at any stage this term and think the club would consider it a mini success if we do, especially whilst the rebuilding project continues.

However a point banked away from home in the strongest soccer division in the world is never a bad point, regardless of the teams playing. Throw in the fact we are a team who habitually finishes in the lower half of the table, playing a newly established Premier League side away who will be pushing for Europe this season, and frighteningly remain the only side to have beaten Liverpool FC this season, then you will see why a point earned at NFFC would be considered a victory by most. We couldn’t get anywhere near them yesterday, let alone score against and beat them.

There is no doubt that CPFC will be looking at the games against Southampton, Ipswich, Leicester and Everton FC to pick up our guaranteed points/wins this term and obviously we can safely say we will do the double over Wolves FC which is another 6 points on the board. Although most teams will do the same as I believe the pundits are correct in saying they will break Derby’s long-standing record low points haul of 11 after conceding an average of 4 per game so far.

So if we can obtain 5 or 6 draws away from home this term against the likes of NFFC then this will give us a real chance of staying up this season.

Last edited:
POG, I hear you and I want to agree with you, but we also have to be realists under the current circumstances and where we are in the table. I do not envisage us being above 14th place at any stage this term and think the club would consider it a mini success if we do, especially whilst the rebuilding project continues.

However a point banked away from home in the strongest soccer division in the world is never a bad point, regardless of the teams playing. Throw in the fact we are a team who habitually finishes in the lower half of the table, playing a newly established Premier League side away who will be pushing for Europe this season, and frighteningly remain the only side to have beaten Liverpool FC this season, then you will see why a point earned at NFFC would be considered a victory by most. We couldn’t get anywhere near them yesterday, let alone score against and beat them.

There is no doubt that CPFC will be looking at the games against Southampton, Ipswich, Leicester and Everton FC to pick up our guaranteed points/wins this term and obviously we can safely say we will do the double over Wolves FC which is another 6 points on the board. Although most teams will do the same as I believe the pundits are correct in saying they will break Derby’s long-standing record low points haul of 11 after conceding an average of 4 per game so far.

So if we can obtain 5 or 6 draws away from home this term against the likes of NFFC then this will give us a real chance of staying up this season.
The way we are playing there are no guaranteed wins. Look at the Leicester game where we were luck to escape with a draw

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I didn't expect anything from our match with Liverpool, yet they beat us by only one goal. You could say that was a minor victory. But, I cannot accept that we go into a match with Notts Forest and expect anything but 3 points.

Our team needs to toughen up and go in fighting for the win. We only looked like we wanted to win that game on Saturday for about 20 minutes. Not good enough.

They're doing annoyingly well and showing loads more fight than us. We look beaten before we even start. We only play when we're behind. The best we can hope for is a lucky draw. We'll likely lose and loads of us will be having a flounce.

Up the Palace.
4 times.

So if we can obtain 5 or 6 draws away from home this term against the likes of NFFC then this will give us a real chance of staying up this season."

'Whilst the rebuilding project continues." Feels more like a dismantling so far. Onwards and upwards !

One of those stats that’s rubbish anyway, we had a 10 year gap in that 20 years without playing them at all
I seem to remember losing to them in some silly cup semi/quarter thingy in the late 80s. We seemed to play them quite a bit in division two. Most Palace were arrested before we even got there. The police loved football fans in those days.

Back