• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Everton Predictions.

If we play the team that started last week then I can’t see a win.

Play this and I think we get something. Assuming Wharton is injured.

Hendo

ML MG CR

Munoz, Lerma, Hughes, Mitchell

Sarr Eze

Eddie

Reasons, I think we have to stick with the back line to give them time to build. Playing is the best way to get that unit and understanding.

Lerma and Hughes. Both will get booked but they will at least get a hold of the game before Everton bully us. Hopefully before one or both get sent off 🫣

Sarr deserves a start, along Eddie and Eze, that is a mobile attack against a not so mobile Everton.

Just my opinion.

As long as we do not start with the pairing of Kamarda and Wharton I think we will get something from the game. Eddie needs to start further up field with Sarr on the right. Everton is not a happy hunting ground for us as many have mentioned, but we need to believe in ourselves a bit more and the results will come.

Each year i look at the fixture and think we are the better team and should win. Surely this time we will get it done. As much as they are a threat from set pieces they don't really offer much threat elsewhere and if you look at our team i think we are just player for player stronger. I have seen the confidence factor mentioned but surely Everton have more than us to worry about than us.
I am going for a 3-1 win.

If we again start with an unbalanced team we will struggle to get a point. The game last Saturday should have been out of site before Glasner made changes. He needs to get it right from the beginning against Everton as that luck from last week won’t happen again. In my opinion it needs either Mateta or Nketia as the number 9 and definitely not kamada in the middle of midfield. We will need Richard’s height, so even though the back 3 didn’t look solid in the first half last week, I would still play the same 3. Let’s hope for a Palace win or at leat a draw but I’m not confident Glasner will get it right again :-(

If we again start with an unbalanced team we will struggle to get a point. The game last Saturday should have been out of site before Glasner made changes. He needs to get it right from the beginning against Everton as that luck from last week won’t happen again. In my opinion it needs either Mateta or Nketia as the number 9 and definitely not kamada in the middle of midfield. We will need Richard’s height, so even though the back 3 didn’t look solid in the first half last week, I would still play the same 3. Let’s hope for a Palace win or at leat a draw but I’m not confident Glasner will get it right again :-(
Lacroix is 2cm taller.

Chalobah is 4cm taller.

Guehi is 2cm smaller.

If it is height, do we drop Guehi?

I'm not mocking you. If our squad really is deep enough for rotation, this could be the one where MG gets the bench.

Each year i look at the fixture and think we are the better team and should win. Surely this time we will get it done. As much as they are a threat from set pieces they don't really offer much threat elsewhere and if you look at our team i think we are just player for player stronger. I have seen the confidence factor mentioned but surely Everton have more than us to worry about than us.
I am going for a 3-1 win.
In every game so far, Everton have looked outstanding and in total control for long periods of the match.

And don't knock the threat from set pieces.

Very tough one to forecast - gut feeling a scrappy low scoring draw (so that means 5-5). As a few said earlier, we are better than them man for man and team spirit is still pretty good (notwithstanding at least one diva in the dressing room). I suspect It'll be like playing a 'Crazy Gang' Wimbledon of old, ie very physical, fast wing play and strong at set pieces. Dyche desperately needs a win so no slow possession stuff (like ManU) which should suit us. Also I think our desire will be greater than theirs (hence at least one possible red card) - we just need to start on the front foot.

Lacroix is 2cm taller.

Chalobah is 4cm taller.

Guehi is 2cm smaller.

If it is height, do we drop Guehi?

I'm not mocking you. If our squad really is deep enough for rotation, this could be the one where MG gets the bench.
Think Chalobah will be on the bench, OG stated he 'should' be ok to be in the squad for this week. We'll find out on Fri if that's the case.

If we play the team that started last week then I can’t see a win.

Play this and I think we get something. Assuming Wharton is injured.

Hendo

ML MG CR

Munoz, Lerma, Hughes, Mitchell

Sarr Eze

Eddie

Reasons, I think we have to stick with the back line to give them time to build. Playing is the best way to get that unit and understanding.

Lerma and Hughes. Both will get booked but they will at least get a hold of the game before Everton bully us. Hopefully before one or both get sent off 🫣

Sarr deserves a start, along Eddie and Eze, that is a mobile attack against a not so mobile Everton.

Just my opinion.
I agree with you. I do think Eddie should start ahead of Mateta. Problem is he's been in great form, and has been prolific in front of goal. He doesn't deserve to be dropped. But at the moment I see him as an impact sub coming in to replace Nketiah. Ideally we want both strikers on the pitch at the same time. Glasner has to solve the puzzle, and I'm sure he will given time.

In every game so far, Everton have looked outstanding and in total control for long periods of the match.

And don't knock the threat from set pieces.
I haven't seen them this season. Have they just been unlucky or are they bottling it? To lose points in such a catastrophic fashion echoes the Pardew days for us. Is Dyche sacrificing defensive solidity for more attacking play? Regardless, one point and 14 goals conceded from five games is not great.

I'd be more concerned if we played them after they'd received bad news as they seem to rally together when the chips are down. A change of ownership is more likely to create uncertainty rather than the unity which came after the points deduction. History points towards an Everton win but I just have an inkling things will click this weekend and we'll come out firing on all cylinders. 2-4 Palace.

I admire the supreme optimism of some on here. Several suggesting we will score 2 goals, and one saying 3. Own goals perhaps? Mateta off form, Wharton nursing an injury, Eze usually overrun and no other obvious creativity - what grounds for optimism are there?

With Doucoure playing, perhaps. At the moment there seems no liaison between Kamada, Lerma or Hughes. Munoz is an attacking wing back but dubious in defence. Mitchell is the only crosser of the ball.

Its about time that Sarr started, Nketia played as a genuine No.9 and hope Henderson has another blinder - otherwise our sorry record at Goodison looks likely to continue.

I admire the supreme optimism of some on here. Several suggesting we will score 2 goals, and one saying 3. Own goals perhaps? Mateta off form, Wharton nursing an injury, Eze usually overrun and no other obvious creativity - what grounds for optimism are there?

With Doucoure playing, perhaps. At the moment there seems no liaison between Kamada, Lerma or Hughes. Munoz is an attacking wing back but dubious in defence. Mitchell is the only crosser of the ball.

Its about time that Sarr started, Nketia played as a genuine No.9 and hope Henderson has another blinder - otherwise our sorry record at Goodison looks likely to continue.
That’s the spirit 😂

I haven't seen them this season. Have they just been unlucky or are they bottling it? To lose points in such a catastrophic fashion echoes the Pardew days for us. Is Dyche sacrificing defensive solidity for more attacking play? Regardless, one point and 14 goals conceded from five games is not great.

I'd be more concerned if we played them after they'd received bad news as they seem to rally together when the chips are down. A change of ownership is more likely to create uncertainty rather than the unity which came after the points deduction. History points towards an Everton win but I just have an inkling things will click this weekend and we'll come out firing on all cylinders. 2-4 Palace.
I've not seen loads of Everton but from what I have seen, along with pundits comments (some of which have an Everton connection) they seem to be weak in spirit. Seeing a game out is a big problem for them. They can storm into a 2 0 lead and despite that never seem to play with belief they are going to win. When the opposition come forward there is always an element of panic about them.
This is why I think we will win. So we have an appalling record against Everton? So what? Records are there to be broken. We have to beat them sometime, why not Saturday?

I'm going for Everton 1 Palace 2

I think a lot of strikers would like to be in the same 'off form' as Mateta. 2 goals against Leicester and still looking a handful. He's not and never will be Haaland. If he was he wouldn't be at Palace. He's doing ok if not amazing but I tip him to score Saturday if he plays.

Back