• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Everton Predictions.

On the other forum....

"Originally posted by Mr Bo Jangles
New owner lift, they have gone ahead in all of their last 3 games, we haven’t gone ahead in any of ours. We have won just 1 of our last 19 EPL matches against Everton and haven’t beaten them at their place for 10 years. We have lost 2 out of 3 aerial duels and we are playing against a team that score the majority of their goals from set piece headers. What could possibly go wrong.

2 -0 Calvert Lewin (2)
38986"

Pessimistic, but difficult to disagree.

I was thinking exactly the same. We struggle against hard working, direct teams. They're also good at set pieces, which we are not good at all. They're also hurting, whilst I think we lack some real fire.
We have whingers who won't kick a flag now, or moaners about someone else's wages, but we have no real leaders and no toughness.
I think we'll go behind quickly, then concede again. This could even be something like 3-1 to them.
Of course, we could have drastically improved but it seems unlikely. And I was thinking this game could define the early part of the season - which is not good either.

If Everton could choose a team to play at the moment, Palace would be near the top of the list.
Weak on defending set pieces, lacking leadership on the field and low on confidence.
DCL, Tarkowski,Keane and Doucoure.
Who's going to mark them on corners?
1-1 at best.

On the other forum....

"Originally posted by Mr Bo Jangles
New owner lift, they have gone ahead in all of their last 3 games, we haven’t gone ahead in any of ours. We have won just 1 of our last 19 EPL matches against Everton and haven’t beaten them at their place for 10 years. We have lost 2 out of 3 aerial duels and we are playing against a team that score the majority of their goals from set piece headers. What could possibly go wrong.

2 -0 Calvert Lewin (2)
38986"

Pessimistic, but difficult to disagree.
You and I are 'Birds on the same twig' on this matter.
As a team we have been distinctly average, no sizzle,no steak, and I fear an abject defeat on Saturday.

I also agree Willo, sadly our performance against bottom half teams is of concern and I can see Everton having a good weekend at our expense!

1-0 to them for me, I know we desperately need a win, but as someone said earlier, Everton will really fancy this against us, they need a win as well and we usually help teams out like that.

Smart money would be on them scoring from a corner in the first half.

I'm more optimistic than others, we've seen bits of good performances. Just need to try and do it for 90 mins.

Granted we rode our luck on Sat, but if Eze's chances had fallen to JMP or Nketiah we'd have beaten Utd.

It was on Merseyside last year albeit the other side of Stanley Park that we finally clicked into gear. It took Ollie 5 games to get the best out of the players and I’m expecting something similar.

I’m not sure which players he will start with but squad depth is good. The changes at half time were needed last week and overall reaction to the preceding debacle was good.

It starts with Henderson and Guehi and they have upped their game from mediocrity now, the rest will follow!

0-2 with Eze and Eddie on the scoresheet.

It was on Merseyside last year albeit the other side of Stanley Park that we finally clicked into gear. It took Ollie 5 games to get the best out of the players and I’m expecting something similar.

I’m not sure which players he will start with but squad depth is good. The changes at half time were needed last week and overall reaction to the preceding debacle was good.

It starts with Henderson and Guehi and they have upped their game from mediocrity now, the rest will follow!

0-2 with Eze and Eddie on the scoresheet.
Fingers crossed. 🤞

I'm in league with the pessimists on this. We don't like going to their place and the new owner deal will give them a boost. I reckon we'll still be looking for our first win come next Monday. I'll go for 2-1.

Of course, if you're an Everton supporter having a crafty squint at this then take no notice of the above, just be prepared for us to give you a good thrashing.

Not optimistic at all, as they have been playing better than their results lately, and we have been mediocre. Add in home advantage for them and I think we will do well to avoid defeat. 2-1 Everton in my view.

Back