• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eddie Nketiah (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about this one. There isn't exactly a queue to sign him. Hope I'm wrong but he's never scored more than 5 in a season for Arsenal and for this kind of money we need than that.

madness going back to same old list from years ago.

Under PV we tried to sign him and wouldn't pay just under 20m yet now they want 35m.

He is injured a fair bit and his goal return etc is nothing special.

Last time he came out and said he is not interested in going to Palace even on loan.

If Tony didn't want such high wages rather pay 35m for him.

Don't know what I'm missing with Nketiah but 19 goals in over 100 Premier League appearances for one of the biggest clubs in the division?

If he's the answer I'm not quite sure what the question is.
Unless the question is Do you think he'll be another Andy Johnson even though he costs 40 times as much?
It's a reflection on the state of the Premier League that a player who's offered, to date, so little is valued so highly.
Still, onwards and upwards and in two years time when he's banged in 60 goals and is off to Real Madrid for £150 m things will look very different with Arsenal fans bleating we've done an Ian Wright on them.
Or not.

I think if he starts regularly he'd get plenty of goals for us as he is a very good finisher. The issue for me is where would he play? Mateta showed again on Saturday how important he is in holding the ball up and laying the ball off (setting up great chances for Eze and Edouard). I can't see Nketiah joining unless he's expecting to start most games and he's played his career as a centre forward. Given the likely fee, wages and what I just said I don't see this as adding up, unless (God forbid) Mateta leaves.

I think if he starts regularly he'd get plenty of goals for us as he is a very good finisher. The issue for me is where would he play? Mateta showed again on Saturday how important he is in holding the ball up and laying the ball off (setting up great chances for Eze and Edouard). I can't see Nketiah joining unless he's expecting to start most games and he's played his career as a centre forward. Given the likely fee, wages and what I just said I don't see this as adding up, unless (God forbid) Mateta leaves.
We need a good finisher and bids are coming in for Mateta I believe so even more important

madness going back to same old list from years ago.

Under PV we tried to sign him and wouldn't pay just under 20m yet now they want 35m.

He is injured a fair bit and his goal return etc is nothing special.

Last time he came out and said he is not interested in going to Palace even on loan.

If Tony didn't want such high wages rather pay 35m for him.
Arsenal man and boy. Dreamed his whole life of being the next Henry. His reluctance to come here completely understandable.

However the fact tha he was half way to Forest suggests a new reality has dawned.

Why did the Forest deal collapse? Concern?

Arsenal man and boy. Dreamed his whole life of being the next Henry. His reluctance to come here completely understandable.

However the fact tha he was half way to Forest suggests a new reality has dawned.

Why did the Forest deal collapse? Concern?
It's a good point and I have not seen the reason. Are we doing a West Ham? Using Forest to flush out a deal and nab him? Would he get more playing time at Palace? Does he want to stay in London?

We'll see.

I'd say your take on this is spot on, I think he could score 15+ as a regular striker, but it'd be him or Mateta, you couldn't play both - we need to strengthen the attacking line and his stats are misleading, with the right opportunity he'd score freely, but he doesn't fit the jigsaw atm. In a perefect world we'd get a young understudy striker and a goal scoring left footed right winger for about £35 mil. But it's not a perfect world - his arrival as a replacement for Mateta is what makes sense, as you allude to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back