• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Brentford v Crystal Palace match thread

We're getting caught down the right and left channels in the spaces behind our full backs.
Could have conceded 3.
We need more cutting edge in the final third but are largely controlling the first half.

Definitely think we can back into this if we can keep our focus and be more clinical.

Brentford have looked good on the break but that’s about it.

We are susceptible to the swift Brentford counter-attacks particularly down the flanks.
Hughes provides the link-play when we are in possession but when Brentford attack at pace he is found wanting. Kamada has been on the periphery and I do not envisage him lasting the full game.

We look a bit flat. Kamada needs to come off, he's wondering around trying to find space, but he's movement is effecting Munoz usual runs (ie He isn't there to play one two's half the time), they don't look like linking up.

Anderson was at the other end of pitch when they scored. We were short at the back!

Some good passages of play, but agree with others…Hughes & Kamada need to be subbed.

Surprise. We miss Olise.

The ref is a novice. Eze was robbed of a brilliant goal.

I'm not surprised we are rusty, and Brentford are dangerous on the break. They are getting behind our backs too easily.
We will get better.

TBF, think we could have taken the lead as early as min 15. Mitchell was waiting in the box with no one around while Eze danced around.

It was actually a good game until the goal was disallowed. We controlled the game, Brentford just stood at the back and hit the ball forward. Unfortunately, the defense was poor at the goal, probably because the team was unsettled by the disallowed goal.

What stands out:
- Kamada had a few good ideas but overall not enough useful ones.
- We repeatedly pressed up front, Brentford were able to break free, played quickly forward and the defense floundered at the back.
- Metata was mostly invisible.
- Overall, I think our game up front is still too slow. If they are so concentrated at the back, we have to crack them with speed.

It was actually a good game until the goal was disallowed. We controlled the game, Brentford just stood at the back and hit the ball forward. Unfortunately, the defense was poor at the goal, probably because the team was unsettled by the disallowed goal.

What stands out:
- Kamada had a few good ideas but overall not enough useful ones.
- We repeatedly pressed up front, Brentford were able to break free, played quickly forward and the defense floundered at the back.
- Metata was mostly invisible.
- Overall, I think our game up front is still too slow. If they are so concentrated at the back, we have to crack them with speed.

Not a bad summary and agree.

We have been royally fudged by yet another novice ref here but overall we look like we’re playing at 70/80% of our potential.

Game too quick for Kamada and Hughes, they need replacing.

Back