• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Best and worst biscuit?

Apologies for veering off topic but anyone visiting Scotland should treat Tablet with extreme caution. It's quite like fudge but is made of butter, sugar and condensed milk. It's the sweetest thing ever - instant diabetes for the uninitiated. One bite and your teeth start sizzling.
Coming from Scottish stock my family used to make tablet by the cake tin load.

It is like a lot of strange Scottish concoctions really sweet. (See Edinburgh Rock or Cremola Foam.)

My kids were given loads of it when we visit family up there and the sugar rush was just mental.

Such delights probably also explain why most of my cousins had dental issues from an early age.

As for biscuit

Best Custard Cream
Worse - Arrowroot (whatever that actually is.)

Am also fond of a good flapjack
There was always a jar of Arrowroot biscuits in the pub - I asked my old man what they were. He said they were to bind you up after a dodgy pint. I suggested going to a different pub where this precaution wasn't needed but he was baffled at the idea.

There was always a jar of Arrowroot biscuits in the pub - I asked my old man what they were. He said they were to bind you up after a dodgy pint. I suggested going to a different pub where this precaution wasn't needed but he was baffled at the idea.
I've never heard of Arrowroot biscuits. I presume they're not Nice?

Nice weren't nice either.
Arrowroot biscuits were a bit like Cornish Wafers. But that's from a distant memory so I may well be wrong. The dog ate more of them than anyone else. He never complained of any intestinal discomfort.

My granny used to have them. They were always 'thin arrowroot,' and pretty vile so if thick arrowroot existed they must have been even worse.

Indeed my earliest memory is of my grandad who used to have a hidden packet of custard creams to avoid the arrowroot option!

Nice weren't nice either.
Arrowroot biscuits were a bit like Cornish Wafers. But that's from a distant memory so I may well be wrong. The dog ate more of them than anyone else. He never complained of any intestinal discomfort.
I was thinking something like dog biscuits. To think I used to like Cornish wafer - surely that's a cracker.

Best: Custard creme

Worst: Rich tea
I come in peace, however I am struggling to be polite - Custard Cremes are an abomination - a synthetically sweetened lard sandwich. Lemon Puffs and ginger thins all the way. Once had this Belgian thing - a chocolate base with nuts and cherries and a sort of toffee wafer coming off one side - don't know what they are called but they were absolutely marvellous.

Worst: custard creme

I come in peace, however I am struggling to be polite - Custard Cremes are an abomination - a synthetically sweetened lard sandwich. Lemon Puffs and ginger thins all the way. Once had this Belgian thing - a chocolate base with nuts and cherries and a sort of toffee wafer coming off one side - don't know what they are called but they were absolutely marvellous.

Worst: custard creme

You say that as if it’s a bad thing 😀

Back