• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Best and worst biscuit?

Apologies for veering off topic but anyone visiting Scotland should treat Tablet with extreme caution. It's quite like fudge but is made of butter, sugar and condensed milk. It's the sweetest thing ever - instant diabetes for the uninitiated. One bite and your teeth start sizzling.
Can't say I've experienced sizzling teeth although I do remember Tommy Cooper's used to itch.

McVities did/do them, possibly Sainsburys. My missus just gets normal ginger nut biscuits & melts some milk chocolate/buttons & lets them cool down 😛

Cheers mate, I’ll have a look to see if Morrisons do them, otherwise might be a trip to Sainsbury’s

Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman, the way to a man’s heart 😀

Apologies for veering off topic but anyone visiting Scotland should treat Tablet with extreme caution. It's quite like fudge but is made of butter, sugar and condensed milk. It's the sweetest thing ever - instant diabetes for the uninitiated. One bite and your teeth start sizzling.
Ive been to Scotland about 5 times in the last 2 years and have sampled said tablets. Yes sweet , but go well with a strong espresso at the end of a meal.

Ive been to Scotland about 5 times in the last 2 years and have sampled said tablets. Yes sweet , but go well with a strong espresso at the end of a meal.
Fair play but that combo would have my heart going like The Flight of the Bumblebee played by Keith Moon.

I just have to go AA on biscuits.....Anytime, Anywhere.

Seriously I like them too much....I'd even munch through rich tea.

I can't do moderation very well so I just go cold hobnob.

what about the original Jacobs club biscuits, orange flavour.
used to be seriously chunk, now a sad reflection of its 70s glory.
I bought a pack recently and all the orange filling was missing - except for a small blob in the middle. I may as well have eaten air.
I also bought a multi pack of Kit Kats last year - no wafer at all. Just pure chocolate. I mean it sounds alright but it's nestle chocolate - although Cadbury tastes like s*** now anyhow. The horror.

I just have to go AA on biscuits.....Anytime, Anywhere.

Seriously I like them too much....I'd even munch through rich tea.

I can't do moderation very well so I just go cold hobnob.
It's the bane of every teacher Stirling. Remember the staffroom. We're all like it. Except the trendy new ones with their salads. Mark my words - one day they'll be overweight and in their fifties too.

Back