• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Best and worst biscuit?

Best: Peake Freans Lemon Puffs. The old style ones with a brown glaze.
Worst: American cookies. Always soft like they've gone stale.
Do Iced Gems count? They were real tooth smashers.

Best, probably a plain choclit digestive.

Worst, probably the ordinary ginger nut. Too much sugar and not enough ginger.
The only remedy to this is to buy the stem ginger Waitrose biscuits, which a a fair bit more expensive. but worth it. Chewy ginger fire inside 😀

Best: Peake Freans Lemon Puffs. The old style ones with a brown glaze.
Worst: American cookies. Always soft like they've gone stale.
Do Iced Gems count? They were real tooth smashers.
Trip down memory lane there Teddy. I used to like those Lemon Puffs - don't see them these days or the crunchy iced gems.

I'm a big fan of Border dark chocolate ginger biscuits although my go to is a good old Digestive (has to be McVities).

I dislike Oreo cookies.

Trip down memory lane there Teddy. I used to like those Lemon Puffs - don't see them these days or the crunchy iced gems.

I'm a big fan of Border dark chocolate ginger biscuits although my go to is a good old Digestive (has to be McVities).

I dislike Oreo cookies.
Excellent post: Oreo's are not fit for purpose.

Trouble is, just to be contentious, there are so many posh biscuits these days. It's not all Jacob's, Crawford's, McVities now. No these days you can get proper shortbread but with chocolate chips. And not just in the Christmas tin either. It's a minefield frankly, and perhaps best avoided. A divisive subject.

Apologies for veering off topic but anyone visiting Scotland should treat Tablet with extreme caution. It's quite like fudge but is made of butter, sugar and condensed milk. It's the sweetest thing ever - instant diabetes for the uninitiated. One bite and your teeth start sizzling.

Back