• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ayew set to leave

Jordan was most fouled player in 22/23 - 90 fouls drawn
In 23/24 he was 2nd most fouled player- 93 fouls drawn

Thanks for your service and all the best !!!!

I cannot understand this one, a player that holds the ball like no one else in the team, has been let go for a pittance. Surely it was worth keeping him for another year as we have no reason to sell, do we? Or is this a ploy to buy out the American than have an unknown buyer - panic sale? God luck Jordan, you have been a fantastic servant to club.

I cannot understand this one...... has been let go for a pittance.

Is it a pittance tho?!

It's what we paid for Olise, it's what we paid for Munoz and for only an extra 4m we signed Sarr who's 6 years younger and with who it wouldn't take a lot of mental gymnastics to come to the conclusion he's a markedly better player than JA. This isn't the Palace of Transfer windows past, we seem to actually be in a position where we identify and go after great signings at good prices.

Don't get me wrong, I love JA. When he scored his first goal and just let his emotions out, I totally fell for the guy and he's always been an amazing servant to the club. However as much as that carries a lot of kudos with me, we can't be blind to the fact he's now coming off the bench and really offering ever decreasing returns in performance, so when some wally comes and offers you a 6m profit for a guy who really doesn't represent our present, let alone our future I think it would be mad to turn down.

Having watched a bit of our under 21’s game v Stevenage I hope they’re not expecting any of them to step up and fill the gaps of all the players were flogging off because we really will be doomed🤣
Stevenage are a League 1 team - a division we send some of our better youngsters out to - and they only lost 1-0 away from home.
Today against opposition their own age they racked up a 7-2 victory

I’m disappointed we have had no opportunity to say goodbye to either Andersen or Ayew. Both have been important players for us and it feels very much like here today, gone tomorrow. We’ll probably only get to see them when Ayew is scoring against us or Andersen clearing one off the line which is not something I really want to applaud.

Sad to see him go but do understand , and that goal against spam will stay with me forever , if it was messi they would still be showing it now , Good luck Jordan and dont score against us like all the others when we play you , side issue did find it funny Ayew and Anderson go , Jordan gets welcome back here anytime statement , Anderson gets bye 🤣🤣

Stevenage are a League 1 team - a division we send some of our better youngsters out to - and they only lost 1-0 away from home.
Today against opposition their own age they racked up a 7-2 victory
Exactly the point really, that’s the level or worse most of our youngsters end up at after several loans in that direction. Apart from the occasional gem of course every few years

I cannot understand this one, a player that holds the ball like no one else in the team, has been let go for a pittance. Surely it was worth keeping him for another year as we have no reason to sell, do we? Or is this a ploy to buy out the American than have an unknown buyer - panic sale? God luck Jordan, you have been a fantastic servant to club.

I agree

Doesn't he only have a 1 year deal?

It could be the club are looking at his age not long left on contract and don't want to see another player walk for free.

If anything its desperate act to raise the money for polishing the turd stadium.

Ayew was surely underpaid (40% of Edouard) and given that he is not part of masterplan of OG, this move seems to be best for him.

If it is best for us, time will show but £6M is good for sure 😊

I gave up the rose tinted specs a long time ago. Other than the great goal against the Spammers (which should have been goal of the year) Ayew has never hit the heights some on here attribute to him. For a forward his goal-scoring has been poor, for a winger his assists just as bad probably because he has difficulty crossing the ball. Some point out his defensive capabilities and the number of times he has been fouled. But like Salah he “buys” fouls by holding on too long or stopping quickly to get hit from behind. They ignore the fact that he is dispossessed more time than nearly every other player in the Premier League. This broke down our attacks resulting in our poor goal scoring record. Roy, however liked him because he was good in training.

Ollie Glasner gave Ayew a good chance to show what he could do following his goals against Everton and Burnley, two struggling teams. However, Ayew’s weaknesses showed up, he was dropped to the bench and we showed what a much better team we were without him.
I am happy Ayew is gone at last.

Had to laugh as his first action coming on as sub was to draw a foul
If Leicester are relying on him from direct free-kicks they are asking for trouble, He ballooned his opportunity well over the bar

Back