• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ayew set to leave

At this rate, we could be the richest club ever to be relegated.

Presumably, Sarr is his replacement.

Ayew is the perfect player to see a game over the line. A right pain in the arse.

I will miss his dogged dedication, and so I fear will the team.

Why the doom and gloom FFS. We aren't even in the shake up for relegation! Ridiculous comment
Correction. We weren't in the shake up for relegation.

Look, I hope it all works out, but I do feel that some people are glass half full types no matter what happens.

If we finish tenth or higher, we can say that they made the right choices. If we struggle, I, for one, will be scathing.

I think this makes sense for both us and Jordan. I’ve always been a great supporter of his, even through the difficult times and will be sad to see him go but circa £8M for someone we paid about £2M for and who is now getting on a bit and only a bit part player is good business.

We undoubtedly have other business lined up and moving JA on at this time is a good move I believe. I see it as exciting times and wait to see the new arrivals!

Having watched a bit of our under 21’s game v Stevenage I hope they’re not expecting any of them to step up and fill the gaps of all the players were flogging off because we really will be doomed🤣

Having watched a bit of our under 21’s game v Stevenage I hope they’re not expecting any of them to step up and fill the gaps of all the players were flogging off because we really will be doomed🤣
I doubt that they are looking to those youngsters. They're probably still some way from consideration and the better ones will need to go out on loan next Summer to gain proper men's football experience.

The current promising youngsters (NINE of them plus Phillips who probably had an buy obligation attached to his loan) are all out on loan for the season - three of them at Championship clubs!

The transfer window isn't yet closed and so far we've sold one first team player (Olise) with two others (Andersen and Ayew) lined up to go. We' ve also let two fringe players (Tomkins and Riedewald) go plus several youngsters. We've brought in 3 first team squad players so far (Riad, Kamada and Sarr) to replace the three that have gone. The only other player who could well go is Guehi but I wouldn't be surprised if that deal is dependant on us getting a replacement in first.

I'll wait till Saturday week to decide whether or not we could be in trouble.

I think this makes sense for both us and Jordan. I’ve always been a great supporter of his, even through the difficult times and will be sad to see him go but circa £8M for someone we paid about £2M for and who is now getting on a bit and only a bit part player is good business.

We undoubtedly have other business lined up and moving JA on at this time is a good move I believe. I see it as exciting times and wait to see the new arrivals!
Just for clarity it's £5m upfront with the rest based on add ons. These are not guaranteed.

However, whist it's good business for a guy who is 33 in a few weeks i will miss him a bit and his ability to play anywhere across the front 3 was invaluable. He deputised well for Olise last season, which is a big compliment.

Only on Sunday when Sarr came on to play on the right he kept drifting into the middle so Munoz didn't have an outlet. Ayew would have stayed in position!

I’m quite surprised we’ve got £8mil for him. I think it’s a good bit of business but I can’t help but feel slightly saddened.

If others have a different opinion that’s fine by me but I’ve loved him, fantastic servant to our club.

His goal against WHU was one of the best I’ve seen in Red and Blue and I remember when he scored that, you could feel the joy in the stadium not just for the goal but for him to have scored it.

Best of luck Jordan and thank you.

I’m quite surprised we’ve got £8mil for him. I think it’s a good bit of business but I can’t help but feel slightly saddened.

If others have a different opinion that’s fine by me but I’ve loved him, fantastic servant to our club.

His goal against WHU was one of the best I’ve seen in Red and Blue and I remember when he scored that, you could feel the joy in the stadium not just for the goal but for him to have scored it.

Best of luck Jordan and thank you.
Absolutely. Any team with a few players with his attitude wouldn't go far wrong. Always willing to do whatever and play wherever he was asked. A real team player and as you say anyone who can score a goal like his against WHam isn't short on ability either. I suspect he'll be appreciated more in his absence than was always the case while he was with us.

sad to see him leave. His tenacity and determination were second to none. Plus his work rate was amazing.

Its always irritating when an attacking player returns wearing a different colour shirt. They always know the weaknesses of our defenders.

I guess in Glasner we trust. And that he has creative new ideas for the squad.

Thanks Ayew. You were defo an Eagle. And were with us for some of the greatest highs and lows ever. Always hungry and professional.

Last edited:
Wow! A stunning bit of business frankly.... Never in my life would I have expected to make a profit from the man, but considering we bought Sarr who's arguably better and 6 years younger for only an extra 4 million is crazy.

Would definitely miss Ayew, fell in love with the guy when he scored his first (as I remember it) and started proper welling up - right then I knew we had a good egg. Absolute servant and gives it his all, but 8m is too much to turn down for someone who's now a squad member at best.
One thing you can say about Ayew is that he never went missing in games. The amount of times he got the ball and was then "clattered" into and win a free kick was legendary. That is how i will remember him. Plus that wonder goal against West Ham.

It looks like this is a done deal. I wish him all the best. Never been a problem at Palace and always gave his all. Nobody can begrudge him a final payout for an unexpected move at this stage of his career.

Agreed Den. He's been a star - a true trooper and I'll miss him.

PS. I'm not at all a Starmer fan.
😉

Ha ha glad to hear it.

I will also miss Ayew, been a great servant of the club and what a bit of business by the board. Never saw this coming. Great fee.

Back