• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Why did we sell ayew??

Trapsix

Country
Ireland
He is badly missed!
I know a lot slated him,but he always put in a shift..
He was able to hold up a game ..and did get an occasional goal or assist ..for what we sold him for...was it not a better idea to keep him and try and sort out a new contract!!!..methinks he actually was an eagle and was quite happy at selhurst!!!..

He is badly missed!
I know a lot slated him,but he always put in a shift..
He was able to hold up a game ..and did get an occasional goal or assist ..for what we sold him for...was it not a better idea to keep him and try and sort out a new contract!!!..methinks he actually was an eagle and was quite happy at selhurst!!!..

Exactly.....he was an asset,was always there to make a plan around a player like that...what we have now are headless chickens ....giving away free kicks!

I don't see any replacement...and I know he would have made a big impression on the second half against Everton!!..
My point is ..his wages weren't high!!
We got a few million.
But he brought a lot to the game,and an extra year or 2,would not have been a hard negotiation for a bench player near career end!!...just my opinion!

Exactly.....he was an asset,was always there to make a plan around a player like that...what we have now are headless chickens ....giving away free kicks!
So, your game plan would be focused on a player that just wins free kicks on the wing. You talk about headless chickens, you to look nearer to home.
Ayew was 32 years old, been here too long and £8m was too good to turn down. I would rather see Sarr or Franca out on the flanks.

So, your game plan would be focused on a player that just wins free kicks on the wing. You talk about headless chickens, you to look nearer to home.
Ayew was 32 years old, been here too long and £8m was too good to turn down. I would rather see Sarr or Franca out on the flanks.
I agree on Sarr, but I don't think we have seen enough of Franca to know what he has to offer. In fact on the few occasions I saw him last season when he came on as a sub, the very phrase "headless chicken" sprung to mind.

Why did we sell ayew??

Pick one:
Because he wasn't very good, wouldn't have played much, we have better players, nearing the end of his career, and we got offered quite a lot of money for him.

At the minute, neither. I'd play Sarr

Ayew, whist I do appreciate, isn't the answer and hasn't been for about 3 years
True, I didn't see a problem with selling Ayew for what we got. But if we're playing Kamada or Nketiah wide then it is a problem. I wonder why Sarr doesn't start? Maybe quite poor in training? He's never really been the most hard working player at previous clubs.

True, I didn't see a problem with selling Ayew for what we got. But if we're playing Kamada or Nketiah wide then it is a problem. I wonder why Sarr doesn't start? Maybe quite poor in training? He's never really been the most hard working player at previous clubs.
I think

The club/Glasner has made a bit of a commitment to Nketiah, so dont want to drop him after 3 games

JMPs form last season, and the fact that he's scored 2 this season makes him hard to drop

Kamada would be best wide left, but with Nketiah and injuries/tiredness in the middle he's been played centrally a bit (which isnt really working

Sarr, is producing an impact, but may not be tidy enough to be a starter just yet.

----

As many have said I think we can only start with 1 of JMP or Nketiah. Wharton's partner needs to be more combative. I'd give Sarr a chance from the start. (giving us Kamada or Nketiah off the bench)

I think

The club/Glasner has made a bit of a commitment to Nketiah, so dont want to drop him after 3 games

JMPs form last season, and the fact that he's scored 2 this season makes him hard to drop

Kamada would be best wide left, but with Nketiah and injuries/tiredness in the middle he's been played centrally a bit (which isnt really working

Sarr, is producing an impact, but may not be tidy enough to be a starter just yet.

----

As many have said I think we can only start with 1 of JMP or Nketiah. Wharton's partner needs to be more combative. I'd give Sarr a chance from the start. (giving us Kamada or Nketiah off the bench)
So we are stuck with the same front 3 unless 1 of them gets injured or glasner changes formation to say a 442 but with 4 at the back Richards, Riad and trev dont get a look in?

idk

Back