• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Is the club defrauding loyal supporters?

Paaalaaace

Country
England
Am back from the match and outraged. Me and my dad have 2 season tickets in H block of main stand (same seats for 30+years). Have also purchased 2 Season Ticket Plus memberships for the season (And last season ) should we want to take other family members. In front of our tickets is a row of 6 seats which always have different folk in. These seats are always impossible to obtain even with logging in as soon as available with early memberships. Virtually nothing at all available almost immediately
So today I asked the folks sitting in these seats how they got them. Well well well, they had purchased them directly from Ticketmaster at £200 a go. What is the point of Gold memberships and season ticket plus if this is happening. In fact I would go as far as saying anyone who has purchased these memberships is being defrauded by the club. Am really f%$king outraged.

Last edited:
My season ticket equates to about £33 per game. I have an excellent view. I’m very grateful to Steve Parish & Co for keeping the costs down considerably compared to other clubs. I think you need your head wobbled if you think the club are defrauding us.
You are missing my point....The club charges for memberships so as to allow you to primarily buy extra ticket (Season Ticket plus ) or a ticket (Gold membership) if you don't have a season ticket. However despite paying for these memberships it appears this entitlement is taken away by Ticketmaster getting in first. It is just not worth paying for Season Ticket Plus or Gold Memberships if you cant use it for what you paid out.

You are missing my point....The club charges for memberships so as to allow you to primarily buy extra ticket (Season Ticket plus ) or a ticket if you don't have a season ticket. However despite paying for these memberships it appears this entitlement is taken away by Ticketmaster getting in first. It is just not worth pating for Season Ticket Plus or Gold Memberships.
There’s no way the club via ticketmaster would be charging £200 for a ticket - perhaps the ST holders are selling their tickets via a foreign website that isn’t associated with the club. Which is against the rules and illegal in this country.

You are missing my point....The club charges for memberships so as to allow you to primarily buy extra ticket (Season Ticket plus ) or a ticket (Gold membership) if you don't have a season ticket. However despite paying for these memberships it appears this entitlement is taken away by Ticketmaster getting in first. It is just not worth paying for Season Ticket Plus or Gold Memberships if you cant use it for what you paid out.
Sorry, yes I did miss your point.

Surely it's no different every season with the "top 6 games" there's generally no issues with the other teams.

I have a season ticket + and whenever i need to buy an extra ticket it's usually fine. I did have problems with the Liverpool game tho. But next day it was fine and I was able to get that extra ticket.

My season ticket equates to about £33 per game. I have an excellent view. I’m very grateful to Steve Parish & Co for keeping the costs down considerably compared to other clubs. I think you need your head wobbled if you think the club are defrauding us.
Maybe the point they are making is relevant to their experiences and views rather than yours and others. But it is still important to them and worth making if they feel this way.

It's not the first time I've heard this.

As Ticketmaster are now the club's ticketing company, they are obviously holding back or purchasing themselves a quantity of tickets which are meant to go to members to sell at a huge profit.

Basically they're touting.
This is exactly what I thought they might be doing.

I would think specific examples like this should be raised on our behalf by the Palace Independent Supporters Association.

I am a Gold member and my son is Junior Gold member and this season so far we have not been able to buy two tickets next to each other for any of the home games on sale, despite logging in within 5 minutes of the sale window opening to Gold members. In previous seasons this has never been an issue. Something is definitely afoot 🙁

I would think specific examples like this should be raised on our behalf by the Palace Independent Supporters Association.

I am a Gold member and my son is Junior Gold member and this season so far we have not been able to buy two tickets next to each other for any of the home games on sale, despite logging in within 5 minutes of the sale window opening to Gold members. In previous seasons this has never been an issue. Something is definitely afoot 🙁
Same thing was happening in the last few games of last season too....well that was my experience anyway.....could never get 2 seats together

Anyone who pays ticketmaster £200 to watch Palace are clearly not playing with a full deck or they’ve got more money than sense.
As someone else said, my season ticket works out at £28 a game and I don’t have the mad scramble for expensive tickets every game so I’m more than happy.

Anyone who pays ticketmaster £200 to watch Palace are clearly not playing with a full deck or they’ve got more money than sense.
As someone else said, my season ticket works out at £28 a game and I don’t have the mad scramble for expensive tickets every game so I’m more than happy.
I totally understand what you are saying but the OP is making a different point and has some very valid rationale and this needs urgently addressing with the club. Something is not right here and tickets not available to Season Ticket holders and/or Gold members are appearing on Ticketmaster or their resale partners within hours of (not) being available to purchase by loyal Palace supporters.

I totally understand what you are saying but the OP is making a different point and has some very valid rationale and this needs urgently addressing with the club. Something is not right here and tickets not available to Season Ticket holders and/or Gold members are appearing on Ticketmaster or their resale partners within hours of (not) being available to purchase by loyal Palace supporters.

The OP does have a point, but the loyal fans have very well priced season tickets and are in a position not to care, i know the OP has season tickets, but I doubt there’s many others with season tickets who will be condemning the club for these issues.
Ticketing for anything these days is a minefield, look at the oasis tickets. All the time there’s idiots out there to pay these prices, it’ll carry on

I been thinking something is array. I have had Gold Membership since 2008

Since last season as soon as I receive email notification for ticket release as a gold member at 10am on a Monday, if I attempt to purchase tickets at 10.20am there are none available for 2 or more seated together.

Hugely frustrating as this is suddenly a last and this season problem you can’t purchase tickets for more than 1 person seated together unless you attempt at 10am release?????

Am back from the match and outraged. Me and my dad have 2 season tickets in H block of main stand (same seats for 30+years). Have also purchased 2 Season Ticket Plus memberships for the season (And last season ) should we want to take other family members. In front of our tickets is a row of 6 seats which always have different folk in. These seats are always impossible to obtain even with logging in as soon as available with early memberships. Virtually nothing at all available almost immediately
So today I asked the folks sitting in these seats how they got them. Well well well, they had purchased them directly from Ticketmaster at £200 a go. What is the point of Gold memberships and season ticket plus if this is happening. In fact I would go as far as saying anyone who has purchased these memberships is being defrauded by the club. Am really f%$king outraged.
Report the seat numbers to Pierre in the CPISA & get him to raise the issue with the club, it will then become obvious very quickly who is selling these tickets.

I had this problem when trying for Liverpool.Logged on at 10.01 for seats in block F old stand ( I used to have season ticket there, so meet old acquaintances).None available, so looked for seats in Arthur.This was at 10.02 and no seats together for myself and son.What is the point of a gold membership if we are being pushed out as genuine fans.
Also had problem for Man U,3 tickets in basket, by the time I’d entered bank details the seats had gone.
But if you look on livefootballtickets. Com you will find 459 tickets priced at £96 each for Man U,and 219 for Liverpool priced at £135 and 458 for spurs game?then there’s fanpass.co.uk who hold more than 100 for Man U game from £98.
The club need to help fans who have bought membership to attend games because this is becoming a problem now.

Last edited:
Report the seat numbers to Pierre in the CPISA & get him to raise the issue with the club, it will then become obvious very quickly who is selling these tickets.
Yes, that seems like a good idea, will do it after next Saturdays Man Utd game having double checked seat numbers and asking in a friendly manner how they obtained seats and at what price.

Back