• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eze Problem Child?

thetopgeezer

Country
England
I friend of mine (a United supporter) said he had heard from a couple of sources that the reason no-one bid on Eze this summer is that he had some kind of attitude problem and was a problem. What I see is a gifted footballer, deeply religious with a wonderful smile all the time and no evidence of any attitude. I also see someone who has conquered adversity many times and is a highly impressive human being but I thought I'd ask if anyone had heard of anything. Mainly so I can tell my mate where to go.

Parish just said in an interview how much of a good attitude he has.

Rubbish report. They're probably just jealous that their club is going to be mediocre again this year.

Its well known that the club goes through every little detail of a players character before we sign them, its why we very rarely get any problems like that. I cant remember the last player to throw his toys out of his pram. Maybe Guaita when he got dropped. Show your mates all the training clips and behind the scenes on Palace TV and they'll see what a top bloke he comes across as. Typical Utd know nothings.

I friend of mine (a United supporter) said he had heard from a couple of sources that the reason no-one bid on Eze this summer is that he had some kind of attitude problem and was a problem. What I see is a gifted footballer, deeply religious with a wonderful smile all the time and no evidence of any attitude. I also see someone who has conquered adversity many times and is a highly impressive human being but I thought I'd ask if anyone had heard of anything. Mainly so I can tell my mate where to go.
Good, let them think that no matter how wrong they are 🙂

A piece of gossip I read somewhere not long before the window opened was that Eze enjoys family life and is unwilling to leave home and therefore would not consider a transfer outside London. The only club linked with him was Spurs. I can see how this might strike Manure as an attitude problem😆😆

Its well known that the club goes through every little detail of a players character before we sign them, its why we very rarely get any problems like that. I cant remember the last player to throw his toys out of his pram. Maybe Guaita when he got dropped. Show your mates all the training clips and behind the scenes on Palace TV and they'll see what a top bloke he comes across as. Typical Utd know nothings.
Holding?

Possibly. Do we know he’s kicked off though? We know he’s being made to train away from the team but he might be in agreement with it depending what the cause is. Another one who seems like he gets on with everyone and is popular with the players.

To be fair, if, as a centre back, you see three more centre backs signed in the window, all likely to be selected ahead of you, but injuries and late registrations mean you are most unexpectedly in line to play until a veteran right back gets the nod ahead of you....the most level headed of players might get a tad excitable. To be loaned out might have been a bitter pill but no one bothering about you even that much was tough.

You just need to watch Eze in the club videos and the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch to know there are no issues with his attitude. Maybe Utd fans can’t believe little old Palace still have him and their club is in meltdown.
Is this Utd fan from Streatham Hill?

Without insinuating anything about other players I certainly get the feeling that: Eze, JPM, Munoz, Guehi, Doucoure, Hughes, Henderson, Wharton, Richards - are all top personalities to have at the club.

Eze has been here a far shorter time and we've been less dependant on him for singlehandedly winning matches/staying up, yet I get the impression he's more popular among the fanbase than even Wilf was and this is reflected in relationships with his teammates/fellow professionals in general.

If I know anything about Manchester United fans, it's that they know very little about football beyond their own (failed) gloryhunting. Worth noting I don't know any United fans actually from Manchester however.

Without insinuating anything about other players I certainly get the feeling that: Eze, JPM, Munoz, Guehi, Doucoure, Hughes, Henderson, Wharton, Richards - are all top personalities to have at the club.

Eze has been here a far shorter time and we've been less dependant on him for singlehandedly winning matches/staying up, yet I get the impression he's more popular among the fanbase than even Wilf was and this is reflected in relationships with his teammates/fellow professionals in general.

If I know anything about Manchester United fans, it's that they know very little about football beyond their own (failed) gloryhunting. Worth noting I don't know any United fans actually from Manchester however.
Totally agree Nick. Eze has also started his own foundation to help south London kids make their way as players. Hope he unearths a few gems for us but even if he doesn't it's a great thing for him to do.

I just don't think he has what the 'big' teams want in a player . They are all about risk averse football ,ball retention and christ sake don't dribble past anyone if there is a pass back to the centre back on .

For us he fits like a glove as we care little about the above

This from a mob who bought Antony ! Lol

And I thought that the Mateta story was the most amount of b0ll0cks I heard this week! Tell your "mate" to reel his neck in and do one, what an absolute tw@t.

Back