• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Adam Wharton injury fears

Hopefully it's not too serious but more caution and after tomorrow he can take it easy during the break. It's good that OG recognises the possible implications and is taking care of him.

Hopefully it's not too serious but more caution and after tomorrow he can take it easy during the break. It's good that OG recognises the possible implications and is taking care of him.
Agreed! 2 weeks rest and recuperation during international week will do him the world of good!

Hopefully he will start tomorrow but we do have excellent options if OG decides to rest him.

Not on topic but Riad will apparently be fine in a few weeks. Its not ACL!

Franca back mid September.

Doucoure approaching match fit.

No more please.

Not on topic but Riad will apparently be fine in a few weeks. Its not ACL!

Franca back mid September.

Doucoure approaching match fit.

No more please.
That is excellent news, thank you.

What pleases me about this story is the fact that Ollie is aware of Wharton's relatively minor issues and is taking care to manage him sensitively.

No point rushing the kid and making matters worse.

What pleases me about this story is the fact that Ollie is aware of Wharton's relatively minor issues and is taking care to manage him sensitively.

No point rushing the kid and making matters worse.
Or Ollie decided he wants him around this time during the break having already lost him for a pointless 2 weeks watching England at the Euros

He appeared ok today, good that he's been pulled from England U21's though.
He's a rolls Royce as far as I'm concerned. We need to protect him as best we can. I'f he'd got a senior England call I reckon OG would have had a conversation with the England medical staff over looking after his niggly small injuries.
Missing an U21 meet up when he has genuine niggles that need time to heal is not going to harm his future England chances.

I thought he was playing last night for Finland. Their no3, Peltola, had a very similar look and playing style to our Adam, even down to the low-slung socks!

Back