• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Loaned-Out Players

pssguy

Country
Canada
It might be interesting to keep a thread going this season
It looks like Ozoh had a good game for Derby. He played the full 90 minutes in spite of five subs being used, had a 95% passing accuracy , 6 tackles and 2 shots (one on target)
Rak-Sayki came on after 70 mins for SheffUtd
Imray, at Bromley, (who had a great write up after his previous game) was subbed off before the first half-hour. Do not know if this was an injury or tactical as they had already had a player sent off
Not sure who else is out there

It might be interesting to keep a thread going this season
It looks like Ozoh had a good game for Derby. He played the full 90 minutes in spite of five subs being used, had a 95% passing accuracy , 6 tackles and 2 shots (one on target)
Rak-Sayki came on after 70 mins for SheffUtd
Imray, at Bromley, (who had a great write up after his previous game) was subbed off before the first half-hour. Do not know if this was an injury or tactical as they had already had a player sent off
Not sure who else is out there
Others out there are:
1. Ebiowei at Oxford Utd in the Championship
2. Plange at HJK Helsinki in Finnish top division until December
3. Adaramola at Stockport Co in League 1 (think he might have a bad injury)
4. Joe Whitworh at Exeter City in League 1
5. Owen Goodman at AFC Wimbledon in League 2
6. Ola-Adebomi at SK Beveren in Belgian League 2
7. Phillips at St. Mirren in Scottish Premier but I think it's a loan with an obligation to buy (don't know the terms)

Hope that helps - I'm one of those nerds who keeps records of various stats and info.

Last edited:
Others out there are:
7. Phillips at Motherwell in Scottish Premier but I think it's a loan with an obligation to buy (don't know the terms)

Hope that helps - I'm one of those nerds who keeps records of various stats and info.
Thanks for that, i didn't know a lot of them

Others out there are:
7. Phillips at Motherwell in Scottish Premier but I think it's a loan with an obligation to buy (don't know the terms)

Phillips is at St Mirren, played today against Celtic 🙂

I think Phillips is an obligation to buy, so he's essentially gone already. I hope Ozoh pushes on as I think he will end up being a really good player and regular top-level football will do him a lot of good.

Just watched Rak-Sakyi's game and was pretty impressed. It was his first league start for Sheff Utd. and he played 65 minutes before getting warmly applauded off. Involved in the only goal of the game and made a couple of well-judged passes one of which should have resulted in a penalty. Good footwork a couple of times to beat his man in the area and get hard low shots away but both were blocked.
Not sure how he will fit in at Palace under Glasner as he is a traditional winger but if he replicates this performance regularly he's at least a starter in a good Championship team

Just watched Rak-Sakyi's game and was pretty impressed. It was his first league start for Sheff Utd. and he played 65 minutes before getting warmly applauded off. Involved in the only goal of the game and made a couple of well-judged passes one of which should have resulted in a penalty. Good footwork a couple of times to beat his man in the area and get hard low shots away but both were blocked.
Not sure how he will fit in at Palace under Glasner as he is a traditional winger but if he replicates this performance regularly he's at least a starter in a good Championship team
Retrain as a wing back?

I never take much notice of the youngsters that start going out on loan, because once that starts, that’s it, they won’t be threatening our first team anymore because they’re obviously not good enough

I never take much notice of the youngsters that start going out on loan, because once that starts, that’s it, they won’t be threatening our first team anymore because they’re obviously not good enough
That's no longer true IMO.
Now that we have players loaned out to Championship clubs there's a real chance that one or more of them will come good.

The whole purpose of an Academy (apart from being a PL requirement these days) is to develop players either for our own 1st team or to sell to other clubs. Part of that development is to loan those players out at the appropriate level for their development.

We've seen Ozoh play well for us in the PL on a couple of occasions last season. With regular football at Derby he can only improve and I expect him to feature next season in the PL either for us or out on loan again.

Southampton purportedly bid £15m for Rak-Sakyi and we turned them down. Our club obviously see him as a future PL player or they would have taken the money. Furthermore, Championship clubs were falling over themselves to get him on loan.

Of the 3 loans out in the Championship, it's Ebiowei over whom there must be serious doubt. He might just be able to tread water in that division and we can hopefully sell him for a reasonable fee.

Our two young keepers are progressing well and I expect one of them to be a back-up keeper for us in the PL next season or the season after.

Often they don't work out just like players in the academy often end up as also eans. But sometimes they do become premier league. Beckham was on loan at Preston, Ashley Cole was on loan at Palace, they turned out okay.

Often they don't work out just like players in the academy often end up as also eans. But sometimes they do become premier league. Beckham was on loan at Preston, Ashley Cole was on loan at Palace, they turned out okay.

I’m talking about OUR youngsters, once we start sending them out on loan that’s it, it’s then a string of loans before they eventually move on permanently
Everyone raves about Rak Sakyi, yes a good little player, but he won’t be doing anything decent with us now, I doubt he’ll make another 20 appearances Unless of course we get relegated, I think that’s why we do keep some of them hanging around for so long and keep loaning them out, just in case the worst does happen and we then need them to bulk out the squad when the top players leave because of relegation

I’m talking about OUR youngsters, once we start sending them out on loan that’s it, it’s then a string of loans before they eventually move on permanently
Everyone raves about Rak Sakyi, yes a good little player, but he won’t be doing anything decent with us now, I doubt he’ll make another 20 appearances Unless of course we get relegated, I think that’s why we do keep some of them hanging around for so long and keep loaning them out, just in case the worst does happen and we then need them to bulk out the squad when the top players leave because of relegation
We haven't been a Category A Academy for that long. We now attract a better level of youngsters. It wasn't that long ago that we only loaned out a a couple or so youngsters each season and then only to National League clubs and the occasional League Two and League One.

This season we have loaned out 11 Academy and young fringe players plus two of our first team squad (Edouard and Ahamada). That's unheard of for Palace.

As I said earlier, if the club thought Rak-Sakyi wasn't going to make it, they would have sold him to Southampton. That's not to say he will make it but the fact they wanted to loan him out rather than sell him is a clear statement that they are more confident than not that he'll make it.

Back