• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Ayew set to leave

Just wonder what it’s going to be like on deadline day when the outgoing players haven’t been replaced and we have ‘we tried to get deals done but it’s difficult late in the window’.

Bloomin' 'eck. Wot's goin' on? Not another one out the door.

Still, poor old Jordan, getting on a bit and we get a few bob in the bank. Probably OK, but actually, I thought he was a good bloke to have on the bench. Had a lot of unjustified stick on here a while ago but was a reliable and hard working player.

If you do go, I wish you every success. Thanks for your energetic contribution to our story.

Not sure on the source but £6m for a player we paid £2.75m for and who has less than a year on his contract is an incredible deal really.

It sounds too good to be true, so not sure this will happen.

Ayew is an experienced head and his "best" is possibly past but he is one of the most fouled players in the division for a reason, he is a pest.

He is like the glue that holds the squad quality up, players like him, Schlupp should they be allowed to leave, leaves us quite vulnerable.

The depth in the squad is good for the 1st time in years. I'm sure DF has a plan.

Just wonder what it’s going to be like on deadline day when the outgoing players haven’t been replaced and we have ‘we tried to get deals done but it’s difficult late in the window’.
Very quiet as we would have done our business, I expect.

We started early so if players are going to leave, I don't think many players who are wanted to be kept, will go much after next Monday. As less than a week gives us no time to get players in.

We didn't need much to start with.

Great player to have but honestly I only ever expected him to leave Palace for zilch. Whether on a free or retiring so £6m is great.
Still worth keeping though.

Would miss him, never in my life have I seen a player appear to get so upset about being subbed....just always wants to be on the pitch.....fair play to him.

There's two ways to look at this.

If we are of the view that, as good as he's been for us, we can now do better and are going to upgrade then it's fine.

If it's just a chance to grab a few million for an aging player who still has something to contribute (a la Glenn Murray leaving for 6-7m and then banging in 15 goals for Brighton) then it's stupid.

He's been the definitive 'great servant' for us and I hope he does well.

This has to be good business for Palace, as long as he is replaced. At 32 Jordan would be only getting 1year extensions here , walking away at some point soon for nothing. So £8 mill has to be a deal .

If we have a suitable decent player ready and willing to join us then this is good business. If we are relying on finding and then trying to sign someone without previously sounding them out then it’s a poor decision as we’ve seen too many late deals fall out of bed.

Whoever comes in also has to be an upgrade on Ayew for it to make sense as from a reliability point of view he has rarely been injured and consistently produced solid 7/10 performances. Reasonably big shoes to fill methinks.

If we have a suitable decent player ready and willing to join us then this is good business. If we are relying on finding and then trying to sign someone without previously sounding them out then it’s a poor decision as we’ve seen too many late deals fall out of bed.

Whoever comes in also has to be an upgrade on Ayew for it to make sense as from a reliability point of view he has rarely been injured and consistently produced solid 7/10 performances. Reasonably big shoes to fill methinks.
Sterling. Match the deal.

From Ayew's perspective it's more security (I'm guessing Leicester will give him at least a two-year deal versus Palace doing annual renewals on those over 30) and probably more game time. I'll miss him because of his comical sad face, but he hasn't look comfortable in Glasner's system and so it's probably for the best all around. Having said that, it only makes sense if we sign another forward whether on loan or permanently.

Wow! A stunning bit of business frankly.... Never in my life would I have expected to make a profit from the man, but considering we bought Sarr who's arguably better and 6 years younger for only an extra 4 million is crazy.

Would definitely miss Ayew, fell in love with the guy when he scored his first (as I remember it) and started proper welling up - right then I knew we had a good egg. Absolute servant and gives it his all, but 8m is too much to turn down for someone who's now a squad member at best.

Back