• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Our present squad

DANGERCLOSE

Country
England
Henderson

Muñoz

Richards
Guéhi
Riad

Mitchell

Wharton
Lerma (can play CB if needed)

Eze
Kamada

Mateta

Johnstone,Clyne(can play CB if needed),Doucouré,Hughes,Ayew,Sarr,Schlupp,Édouard,Ward, Holding,Ahamada, Franca

We are still looking good and maybe this is the team to start on Saturday 🙂

Last edited:
Henderson

Muñoz

Richards
Guéhi
Riad

Mitchell

Wharton

Eze
Kamada

Mateta

Johnstone,Clyne(can play CB if needed),Doucouré,Hughes,Ayew,Sarr,Schlupp,Édouard,Ward

We are still looking good and maybe this is the team to start on Saturday 🙂

Agree. In terms of 'squad' I'd like to think:

GK: Hendo/Johnstone

Wing-backs: Munoz/Mitchell/Ward/Clyne

Centre-Backs: Guehi/Richards/Lerma/Ward/Riad/Clyne/Holding

Central Midfielders: Doucouré/Hughes/Lerma/Wharton/Ahamada

CFs: Franca/Sarr/Eze/Kamada/Ayew/Ahamada

ST: JPM/Edouard

I realise there are duplicates there but I have done that purposefully... and throw in a Schlupp wherever you want too 🤣

I've put my preferences in bold, and they immediately tell me I'd still like a CB and CF for the starting XI. Beyond that a 'flying Wing-Back' and another striker would be welcome too.

We have a decent squad even if Andersen leaves

GK: Henderson, Johnstone, Matthews
RCB: Guehi, Holding,
CB: Richards, Ward
LCB:Riad,
RWB: Muñoz, Clyne
LWB: Mitchell, Schlupp
CM: Doucoure, Lerma
CM: Wharton, Hughes
RAM: Kamada, Sarr
LAM: Eze, França
CF: Mateta, Edouard, Ayew

I know that some players can play multiple positions but this is the 25 that we have to choose from, not counting U21s.

Remember we have 9 players on loan as well.

The only glaring issue as I see it, is a LCB and possibly a replacement for Ward long term but with Clyne having deputised & Guehi playing on the left, it's possibly not as necessary to sign someone as I'm making out.

Which is why unless we are selling Schlupp or Ayew we will need a replacement and so if that happens, another CF and LWB will be hugely important.

Still not convinced on Edouard either. Can't see us moving him on though.

We have a decent squad even if Andersen leaves

GK: Henderson, Johnstone, Matthews
RCB: Guehi, Holding,
CB: Richards, Ward
LCB:Riad,
RWB: Muñoz, Clyne
LWB: Mitchell, Schlupp
CM: Doucoure, Lerma
CM: Wharton, Hughes
RAM: Kamada, Sarr
LAM: Eze, França
CF: Mateta, Edouard, Ayew

I know that some players can play multiple positions but this is the 25 that we have to choose from, not counting U21s.

Remember we have 9 players on loan as well.

The only glaring issue as I see it, is a LCB and possibly a replacement for Ward long term but with Clyne having deputised & Guehi playing on the left, it's possibly not as necessary to sign someone as I'm making out.

Which is why unless we are selling Schlupp or Ayew we will need a replacement and so if that happens, another CF and LWB will be hugely important.

Still not convinced on Edouard either. Can't see us moving him on though.
The three I've highlighted are classed as U21s for squad number purposes so we do have squad places available for new arrivals.

The three I've highlighted are classed as U21s for squad number purposes so we do have squad places available for new arrivals.
Wasn't saying we don't
Just do we need them?

We have a fair few that need to prove themselves still.

I didn't include Ahamada in my squad. So that's another body to consider. But no point to have players who don't improve us.

Henderson

Muñoz

Richards
Guéhi
Riad

Mitchell

Wharton

Eze
Kamada

Mateta

Johnstone,Clyne(can play CB if needed),Doucouré,Hughes,Sarr,Schlupp,Édouard,Ward, Holding,Ahamada, Franca

Another one bites the dust (Ayew)

We just need to give our new players time to settle down, Andersen left because he wanted more money so am not that bothered he left, he was a bit clumsy at times.
Would like us to get in another CB and forward, Eduoard just not good enough, back ups for RWB n LWB would also be good.

He must have known that some players will use us as a stepping stone, harsh reality, stop moaning and just get on with the job in hand

Henderson/Matthrews

Munoz/Clyne(can play CB if needed)

Richards/Riad
Guéhi/Holding
Lacroix/Ward

Mitchell

Wharton/Hughes
Lerma (can play CB if needed)/Doucouré

Eze/Franca/Schlupp
Nketiah/Kamada/Sarr

Mateta/Édouard

Its looking better but defo need the following back ups, LWB,GK and maybe another CB as Holding dosen't play enough?

Exactly! The key takeaway being the line "I can't speak for him, but I don't believe he is happy with the summer transfer outgoings."
Surely it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume he slammed the door because he wasn't happy with the performance he'd just witnessed? But what do I know against an esteemed sports journalist 🤷🏼‍♂️

Henderson/Turner/Matthrews

Munoz/Clyne(can play CB if needed)

Richards/Riad
Guéhi/Chalobah (can play middfield)
Lacroix/Ward

Mitchell

Wharton/Hughes
Lerma (can play CB if needed)/Doucouré

Eze/Franca/Schlupp
Kamada/Sarr

Mateta/Nketiah

Looking at 2 formations we could play.

3 - 4 - 2 - 1 (this is our usual one)
Henderson
Lacroix
Guéhi
Richards
Munoz
Wharton
Doucouré
Mitchell
Eze
Kamada
Mateta

3 - 4 - 1 - 2
Henderson
Lacroix
Guéhi
Richards
Munoz
Wharton
Doucouré
Mitchell
Eze
Nketiah
Mateta

Your thoughts on formations echo mine.

The lack of cover at LWB is a worry. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Clyne fill in there if Mitchell sustains an injury.

I don’t know much about Chalobah but believe Chelsea fans thought highly of him, I wonder if he will be pushing for a CB slot currently filled by Richards?

Overall the squad looks like our strongest ever and, whoever starts, there will be good options on the bench.

Back