WSL

It seems to me that it’s people and families who can’t get or can’t afford tickets for the mens games. It does seem like a laid back fun fair sort of atmosphere for people to take their young kids without fear of any trouble or stress about large crowds. Obviously you get big crowds at the England games and when Arsenal play at the emirates, but in general the crowds are still poor
I have been shocked how poor the crowds are when I have put various highlights on considering how much the bbc and sky big women’s football up
I think you have a point. My younger brother has always hated men football so I was surprised that he is a fan of the women game and has even gone to matches. As he said himself he never watches the men's game so cannot compare the two so he judges the women's game purely on entertainment e.g. does he enjoy it, is it value for money.

I suspect that fans of the men's game do compare (I certainly do). Or put it another way I have no interest in watching men's football at a poor standard e.g. Sunday park so why would I want to watch the women.
 
I think you have a point. My younger brother has always hated men football so I was surprised that he is a fan of the women game and has even gone to matches. As he said himself he never watches the men's game so cannot compare the two so he judges the women's game purely on entertainment e.g. does he enjoy it, is it value for money.

I suspect that fans of the men's game do compare (I certainly do). Or put it another way I have no interest in watching men's football at a poor standard e.g. Sunday park so why would I want to watch the women.
I think we all compare it, and there is no comparison, men and women’s football are like two different games. I think the biggest difference for me is there’s no blood and thunder or intensity in the women’s game. The only time you get atmosphere when there is a big crowd is just the noise of screaming kids, not the raucous sometimes hostile atmosphere of the men’s game, that can liven up a dull game or make a game seem better than it is, sometimes even pushing the players into livining up their game

BUT having said that, these days the blood, thunder and intensity of the men’s game is being sucked out of it by VAR, every tackle is a foul and every foul a booking, players are frightened to really get stuck in because basically they can’t, games are all played on bowling greens which makes it easy for all this tippy tappy play the easy pass sideways stuff

So you never know in the not too distant future, the women’s game might benefit crowd wise from more people losing faith with the men’s game. A fella at my work only watches the women now because he can’t stand the greed and crazy money in the men’s game and all the play acting
 
I think we all compare it, and there is no comparison, men and women’s football are like two different games. I think the biggest difference for me is there’s no blood and thunder or intensity in the women’s game. The only time you get atmosphere when there is a big crowd is just the noise of screaming kids, not the raucous sometimes hostile atmosphere of the men’s game, that can liven up a dull game or make a game seem better than it is, sometimes even pushing the players into livining up their game

BUT having said that, these days the blood, thunder and intensity of the men’s game is being sucked out of it by VAR, every tackle is a foul and every foul a booking, players are frightened to really get stuck in because basically they can’t, games are all played on bowling greens which makes it easy for all this tippy tappy play the easy pass sideways stuff

So you never know in the not too distant future, the women’s game might benefit crowd wise from more people losing faith with the men’s game. A fella at my work only watches the women now because he can’t stand the greed and crazy money in the men’s game and all the play acting
Yeah, at present the money people have got our game and are squeezing it dry.

The UEFA Nations League!? Give over. We've just had the World Cup! Who cares about this pisspot affair?

The money, that's who

I must confess that I've always compared the WSL to the male game and can't watch the poor quality, being so used to the sublime skills on offer in the men's game. That fellow at work may have a point, mind.

Once the money has drained our interest dry with all the shammery, cheating, VAR et al, the WSL might yet become an attractive proposition.
 
I suspect that fans of the men's game do compare (I certainly do). Or put it another way I have no interest in watching men's football at a poor standard e.g. Sunday park so why would I want to watch the women.
I think players of international standard are good but there is a big drop off in standard after the top half of WSL
Christine Sinclair (190 goals in 331 games for Canada) was so far ahead of anyone else on her team it was like prime Messi in League 1
At Palace, the men get paid 50-100x as much as the women
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top