• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Under-talented, over rated celebrities

Just saying....Katie Price has sold approximately 4 million books. That's approximately 4 million more than all the members of HOL combined. Sure, some of them are books that none of us would want to read, and some she probably had a lot of help writing, but I believe she's produced some well-renowned children's books, among others. Yes her financial acumen doesn't appear to be the greatest, but on the other hand 'bankruptcy' isn't always as clear-cut as one might assume, if you get my meaning 😉

Just saying....Katie Price has sold approximately 4 million books. That's approximately 4 million more than all the members of HOL combined. Sure, some of them are books that none of us would want to read, and some she probably had a lot of help writing, but I believe she's produced some well-renowned children's books, among others. Yes her financial acumen doesn't appear to be the greatest, but on the other hand 'bankruptcy' isn't always as clear-cut as one might assume, if you get my meaning 😉
She's certainly undergone many clear cuts.

And several billion flies have eaten an awful lot of sh1t in that time. Doesn't mean they were right. She had as much help writing them as Sooty & Sweep did in producing their scripts.

And several billion flies have eaten an awful lot of sh1t in that time. Doesn't mean they were right. She had as much help writing them as Sooty & Sweep did in producing their scripts.

Your commentary on Katie Price has me genuinely laughing out loud Teddy, I'm loving it! 🤣

That is a soul and body that has been bought and sold a million times over. I'd add 'mind' too but I'd suggest the absence of one has paved the way for the aforementioned.

Errrrr, our very own Penge Eagle has a few to his credit....... 🙂

Rylan
Ant and Dec

always thought that Paul Weller, Steven
Birkoff and Alan Bennet were very overrated

I defend Keanu Reeves - as pretty boy actors go he's better than Depp, Pitt or Di Caprio, in our day the equivalents were Redford, Newman and McQueen.

Brian Cox - thinks God is a maths teacher but doesn't realise it
Robert Peston
Dua Lipa
Ed Sheeron
all drill rappers
Glastonbury
Clare Balding

Rylan
Ant and Dec

always thought that Paul Weller, Steven
Birkoff and Alan Bennet were very overrated

I defend Keanu Reeves - as pretty boy actors go he's better than Depp, Pitt or Di Caprio, in our day the equivalents were Redford, Newman and McQueen.

Brian Cox - thinks God is a maths teacher but doesn't realise it
Robert Peston
Dua Lipa
Ed Sheeron
all drill rappers
Glastonbury
Clare Balding
Ed Sheeran is a busker who got lucky. Incredibly, supernaturally lucky. According to Google his total number of streams means every person on earth has at least 7 of his songs. Well, someone must have 14 cos I ain't got none.

Highly talented, it takes a special talent to get the sack from the BBC with no previous warnings or pay offs. No one else seems to have managed it. Unique.
You're right. He could've been on the roof picking people off with a sniper rifle, a bag of Charlie and a box of dodgy p*** and got suspended on full pay for a few months.

there are quite a few spare cakes in pop groups: Andrew Ridgely in Wham, Paul Rutherford in Frankie, Bez in the happy mondays, the guy with the tache in the moody blues who occasionally played the maracas but just danced on the spot and mouthed the occasional backing vocal like the others, I'm not including that giant Scandinavian lady in Hawkwind who just stood on the stage in a drug-induced trance. I liked her.

there are quite a few spare cakes in pop groups: Andrew Ridgely in Wham, Paul Rutherford in Frankie, Bez in the happy mondays, the guy with the tache in the moody blues who occasionally played the maracas but just danced on the spot and mouthed the occasional backing vocal like the others, I'm not including that giant Scandinavian lady in Hawkwind who just stood on the stage in a drug-induced trance. I liked her.
Stacia. Yes, a lot of people liked her. Blokes did anyway which was 99.9% of Hawkwind's audience.

Carol Vorderman......yes she is good at sums and used to be pleasing on the eye. But the last dozen years or so ? of attempting to be relevant and 'out there' .....? jesus wept.

Whilst your dismissal of Andrew Ridgely is commonplace, the documentary film Wham! gives a different slant on things.

George Michael and Ridgely were very close friends from school days and George admits that without the drive and imagination of his partner, Wham would never have happened. George was the shy one and Andrew the outgoing one with the motivation to make things happen. Yes, in the course of time it transpired that George was the more talented one, but Andrew Ridgely was not the parasitical hanger-on that he is often thought of.

Robert Rinder - talented enough at Law...... which he should have stuck to, but now seems to pop up everywhere as another 'flavour of the month' celebrity

Robert Rinder - talented enough at Law...... which he should have stuck to, but now seems to pop up everywhere as another 'flavour of the month' celebrity
And if it's not him it'll be Romesh Ranganathan. He seems like an amiable fellow but he's doing everything from world travelling to performing open heart surgery. He'll be playing for Man City next. He's roped his mum in too.

Back