The 1861 nonsense

There were some of the very same people involved and the same name, more or less. So there isn't "no connection at all". However, I veer myself on the 1905 date because what real good does 1861 do us anyway? It took us that long to win a trophy? Stick with 1905 and it's nowhere near as long.
Plus, I don't like the 1861 kit.
 
Think it says a lot to say about Steve Parish - chancer -( dishonest?)
looking at all ways to make cash !
Laid to bear for all to see with the original Europa league disqualification and his subsequent portrayal of the victim and his pilgrimages around Europe trying to get someone to believe him that it was someone’s else’s thought.
I lost all credibility for him in that self in saga.
Up the 1905 Palace !
 
What do you mean?

I guess you think the earth is flat too.
what one thinks is not required to be what someone else thinks.

I feel it might be a bit of a stretch to say because i think that the aforementioned to be true that i must believe that the earth is flat. The curvature of the earth can be ascertained by shadow differentials per the ancients and if i were accordingly flattened by such an idea i could test it and arrive at an curvature consideration through replication of prior work. I lack the temporal travel devices needed to verify the existence or otherwise of south london late victorian and early edwardian football clubs, for which i hope you will accept my apologies.
 
what one thinks is not required to be what someone else thinks.

I feel it might be a bit of a stretch to say because i think that the aforementioned to be true that i must believe that the earth is flat. The curvature of the earth can be ascertained by shadow differentials per the ancients and if i were accordingly flattened by such an idea i could test it and arrive at an curvature consideration through replication of prior work. I lack the temporal travel devices needed to verify the existence or otherwise of south london late victorian and early edwardian football clubs, for which i hope you will accept my apologies.
Dont you insult me that way with nasty words I dont understand 🤪🙄😇
 
what one thinks is not required to be what someone else thinks.

I feel it might be a bit of a stretch to say because i think that the aforementioned to be true that i must believe that the earth is flat. The curvature of the earth can be ascertained by shadow differentials per the ancients and if i were accordingly flattened by such an idea i could test it and arrive at an curvature consideration through replication of prior work. I lack the temporal travel devices needed to verify the existence or otherwise of south london late victorian and early edwardian football clubs, for which i hope you will accept my apologies.

The flat-earth comparison was about method, not astronomy.

You don’t need a time machine. Historical claims are tested against contemporary evidence: newspapers, match reports, club records and documented continuity.

So if the evidence points to a club founded in 1905, "I think it was 1861" is not an alternative argument. Produce evidence of continuous identity from the 1860s to 1905, or you’re just repeating the club’s claim.
 
There were some of the very same people involved and the same name, more or less. So there isn't "no connection at all". However, I veer myself on the 1905 date because what real good does 1861 do us anyway? It took us that long to win a trophy? Stick with 1905 and it's nowhere near as long.
Plus, I don't like the 1861 kit.
Same, load of Macron tat. The badge fell off mine in 1862.
 

Holmesdale Online Shop

Back
Top