• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sam Johnstone or Dean Henderson?

Who should be the Palace No.1?

• Johnstone

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • Henderson

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
Johnstone was brilliant last season.
Henderson worries me every time he goes near the ball.
Really surprised at the squad number change too.
OG could've played them off each other for a while. There was no need to commit to one or the other whether they liked it or not.
Your 'number 1' always needs that competitive edge knowing someone just as good is beside him.
That edge is gone now in one foul swoop

Johnstone for me. better distribution, makes less mistakes, all round better keeper. Better with the ball at his feet. I was surprised when we signed Henderson in the first place, and then I saw his wages against Johnstones!!! Beggars belief!

SJ.

With SJ in goal last weekend I do not think we see the feeble paw for Brentford's second goal.

More generally, he seems more commanding and is more consistent. I'm surprised he isn't our #1.

Sam Johnstone was my vote but I see why he is now 2nd choice.

All the financial rules right now mean that a keeper who cost nothing, will be pure profit so it is unfortunate but that's the situation at every club.

Our big mistake was buying Henderson full stop. We didn't need to spend £20m on a keeper. Although he was necessary when SJ got injured.

While Remi Matthews being completely out of his depth for PL football (Poppadom wrists doesn't even cover it), we do need a decent back up.

Henderson is a fair keeper and can make some outstanding saves, but overall SJ is the better keeper.

I'd sooner we sell Henderson but it was always going to end this way. You cant have 2 keepers who both want to be in the England squad playing at the same club.

Back