• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Prince Edouard at the Palace

As soon as I saw that he was starting with mateta I knew we were in trouble. Absolute waste of space, like we were playing with 10 men. Manager has to take some blame for playing him. Hopefully lessons learnt.

As soon as I saw that he was starting with mateta I knew we were in trouble. Absolute waste of space, like we were playing with 10 men. Manager has to take some blame for playing him. Hopefully lessons learnt.
I think we were all a bit shocked, maybe it was some ploy to put him in the shop window before the transfer window shuts on Friday, 😀 if it was, it failed miserably because everyone can see how shite he is now 🤣 🤣

Thank you both. I was just wondering if it might not be a bad idea just to let him run his contract down & wave goodbye at the end.

maybe play him for Cup games and emergency backup whenever we are truly desperate. Otherwise, i would rather try out some of the kids at the Academy and/or the rest of the Subs bench.

Not another Benteke scenario........cannot score, will not score....and continues to waste oxygen on the pitch every week.

maybe play him for Cup games and emergency backup whenever we are truly desperate. Otherwise, i would rather try out some of the kids at the Academy and/or the rest of the Subs bench.

Not another Benteke scenario........cannot score, will not score....and continues to waste oxygen on the pitch every week

.Benteke,had a fantastic scoring record at Villa with some 49 goals in 101 games and also scored 15 goals for us in his first season.,helping us to stay up.Highly thought of by Big Sam,,but damaged by Roy 's poor tactics.

One report suggests we are to activate an extension to his contract and he will leave on loan to Ipswich for the season. Edouard a tractor boy. Must be some jokes in that.

One report suggests we are to activate an extension to his contract and he will leave on loan to Ipswich for the season. Edouard a tractor boy. Must be some jokes in that.
I really hope this doesn’t happen. Ayew has already smashed in a screamer for Leicester, the last thing we need is another player coming good at a rival club. I’d prefer if we shipped him out to Celtic on a free and they can probably then afford his wages.

I really hope this doesn’t happen. Ayew has already smashed in a screamer for Leicester, the last thing we need is another player coming good at a rival club. I’d prefer if we shipped him out to Celtic on a free and they can probably then afford his wages.
Agreed if he goes to Ipswich that will be the third player to go to our rivals.

It's a nice thought but Celtic's highest paid player (McGregor) is on well less than half of Eduoard 's wages so whether they could afford him is moot compared to upsetting their entire wage structure.

That sounds very plausible. I can't see anyone offering over £10 million for him now, but a good season on loan at Ipswich and they might. If it doesn't work out then they pay his wages we get a small loan fee and dump him next summer.

Frankly said, I would take the risk.

Back