• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Norwich match thread

Played well in moments and scored some good goals.

Still think we’re too vulnerable on the break and Richards looks unsure at the back.

Roll on Chelsea. We owe them after they robbed 2 wins off us last season!!

My daughter wanted to go with my dad to the game tonight but it would have been a hassle and I told her we never win these games, we always put out a weak side and there's never any goals. She is not going to forgive me!

Second half we won fairly comfortably. The fact Edouard didn't make it onto the pitch is perhaps telling. The fact Guehi did also suggests he might still be staying. What a refreshing change to see us actually try and win a cup game. And once again, apologies to my daughter.

I liked Kamada and Sarr. Kamada looked more assured and Sarr came on with a lot of energy and constantly chased the ball. Nice to be singing for JP and Ebs as well. Plenty to be cheerful about.

Maybe rode our luck a couple of times but hopefully that's a good confidence builder. Clean sheet with some good saves and JPM off and running with two good goals. Things look a lot brighter than they did so all in all a satisfying result.
Well done lads.

I'm not sure what game the commentators were watching. According to them Norwich were the better team until the 2nd goal.

Norwich played some pretty football and had a lot of possession but didn't do anything with it. After we scored the 2nd we upped our game.

We'll played Palace.

I'm not sure what game the commentators were watching. According to them Norwich were the better team until the 2nd goal.

Norwich played some pretty football and had a lot of possession but didn't do anything with it. After we scored the 2nd we upped our game.

We'll played Palace.
To be fair it wasn’t great from us after a nice early goal and they caused us a couple of problems, but I’m not sure about better team, if Eze’s two disallowed goals had stood it would’ve been game over before half time

To be fair it wasn’t great from us after a nice early goal and they caused us a couple of problems, but I’m not sure about better team, if Eze’s two disallowed goals had stood it would’ve been game over before half time

Four goals disallowed in three games. Are we going for some sort of record?

That match really felt as though it had the potential to be a huge nail in the morale coffin so whilst it's hardly a joyous celebration, beating Norwich at home in the League Cup, I am very grateful to see Kamada up and running, JPM bag a brace, Eze get a nice goal and Hendo keep a clean sheet for a comfortable win which could, hopefully, kick start our season. COYP

I would suggest that there are those that believe that my head needs to be "Forensically examined".

A welcome victory against a Norwich team who have played in 3 League games this season and haven't recorded a win.
That's true but they have drawn two of those games. Had our own league form been better last night would've been a routine win but, as Nick said, it should be a confidence builder. You can only beat what's in front of you and four goals and a clean sheet should help steady the ship.

it's always nice to win and get all the front 3 scoring although clearly there are still a few things to be improved on. 1st half we looked very slow in our build up play and we are vulnerable down the flanks as shown by early chance Norwich some how missed - Chelsea we exploit this on Sunday if we are not careful.

OG played a stronger team than i expected and also kept a few players on the pitch for the whole game e.g Eze, Mateda etc.

Kamada is a strange player. Clearly talented but unclear where he fits into the team.

The big negative for me was Doucoure. Massively off the pace. Clearly coming back from a big injury, but it is clear he will take time to get up to speed. Not expecting much from him this side of Christmas based on last night's outing

I'm surprised the 4th goal hasn't been given to Sarr as it clearly hits his foot and flicks up and spins into the goal.

The Norwich player points it out to the lino as he claims offside for Sarr.

Me and my offspring were talking about poor old Eze on the way home last night, superb goal disallowed against Brentford, hit the bar and an excellent save from West Ham’s keeper, then two chalked off last night 😳
I can’t quite decide if the off sides were careless on his part or down to the assists being a bit on the slow side. Either way it should improve as the team settles into the season.

Back