• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

No Eze or Wharton in the England squad

I don't want them playing international football at all if there's a chance they could get injured or tired. My priority is Palace and I can't really pretend to care less.
As others have said, they don't deserve to be picked currently anyway.
On a positive note, if they want to get picked in future, hopefully they'll play well for us for a while. Until the next squad announcement at least. That would be nice.
Completely agree.

Wharton, in particular, needs a refresh: sensitive stewardship, if he is to flourish. So much has happened for the lad since the spring: he's looked jaded to me. Not really surprising after hardly any summer break.

The last thing the lad needs right now is another tournament. Give him a break, I say.

I heard someone say at one stage against Liverpool, Wharton is playing like a s*** Ray Wilkins!! Which was about right really, because once his passing is not up to scratch, he doesn’t give us anything else. Hughesey might not be the best midfielder we’ve ever had but he definitely gives us more bite in the middle which Wharton doesn’t and we miss without the Douc…..hughesey just needs to control it a bit

I heard someone say at one stage against Liverpool, Wharton is playing like a s*** Ray Wilkins!! Which was about right really, because once his passing is not up to scratch, he doesn’t give us anything else. Hughesey might not be the best midfielder we’ve ever had but he definitely gives us more bite in the middle which Wharton doesn’t and we miss without the Douc…..hughesey just needs to control it a bit
It’s not looking good, injuries to key players, lack of confidence, LB purely defensive, RB injuries. Glasner has no option but to go with Palaces best young defenders

Willo would say this better of course

Back