• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

No Eze or Wharton in the England squad

Good. Neither are at the top of their game and will be better off here than off not playing for England. In Wharton's case he's better getting the same medical treatment/monitoring as he's been receiving.

They both might feel that they need to move to a "bigger" club in order to further their England ambitions

Why? He was dropped because he hasn't been playing as well as he can. I'm not sure a bigger club has anything to do with it as Harry Maguire and he plays for arguably the biggest club in the world

Wharton remaining at U21 level for a year or two more makes sense.

I'm afraid that Eze has probably peaked as a player. He hasn't really improved the weaker areas of his game, and a club at Palace's level and a very brief England career are probably as good as he can get.

I don't want them playing international football at all if there's a chance they could get injured or tired. My priority is Palace and I can't really pretend to care less.
As others have said, they don't deserve to be picked currently anyway.
On a positive note, if they want to get picked in future, hopefully they'll play well for us for a while. Until the next squad announcement at least. That would be nice.

Eze will join the list of Wilf, Le Tiss, Bowles, Currie, Worthington, Hudson etc, all the skill in the world but maybe not the drive to be a top class performer, he certainly has the skill
It’s interesting Solanke is back in the squad after 7 years. I’m sure that in part reflects the fact he is playing at Spurs but also his work rate off the ball and defensively. Maybe a message in that for Eze.

Wharton remaining at U21 level for a year or two more makes sense.

I'm afraid that Eze has probably peaked as a player. He hasn't really improved the weaker areas of his game, and a club at Palace's level and a very brief England career are probably as good as he can get.
Don't underestimate a great player. He's played a lot and may be a bit fatigued? Also defenders know his style a lot more now, and know better how to defend against him. It's down to Glasner on the training ground to sort this out.

It’s interesting Solanke is back in the squad after 7 years. I’m sure that in part reflects the fact he is playing at Spurs but also his work rate off the ball and defensively. Maybe a message in that for Eze.
Well since then Vardy and Toney have come and gone and it was only last season that he really stepped it up. Eze hasn't done enough to be selected in his favoured position. Ironically, his best performance was when he ended up playing left-back

Well since then Vardy and Toney have come and gone and it was only last season that he really stepped it up. Eze hasn't done enough to be selected in his favoured position. Ironically, his best performance was when he ended up playing left-back
Mitchell is still soldiering on alone as an excellent defensive LB, but cant really beat players on his own. Are we waiting for Ademerola to come through? What other options are there?

Back