• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

No corner flag kick!

This problem has only been compounded with the purchase of Nketiah, especially if Edouard sticks around for another year. Four of our top five earners are Nketiah, Kamada, Henderson and Edouard whilst Mateta, Guehi, Munoz and Wharton combined earn less than half their wages. It's a recipe for trouble

Im not sure there is any significance in this. I have just looked back at the highlights of the Villa game at the end of last season and after scoring his goals never kicked the corner flag.

Im not sure there is any significance in this. I have just looked back at the highlights of the Villa game at the end of last season and after scoring his goals never kicked the corner flag.
He did for France in the Olympics though.

Maybe he expected a better deal to be on the table before the Villa game.

He means the Upcoming Nations Cup that takes place in the upcoming International breaks.
Oh I see. But I was referring to his past celebrations so had no bearing on this conversation as he can’t celebrate at all in games he hasn’t been picked to play in in the future.

But thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Not gonna kick the corner flag, you show 'em Jean-Philipe! That'll really put the willies up them.
Stevie P must be quaking and sweating away in his ivory tower.

Apparently Mateta doesn't do his trademark corner flag kick in protest at the new deal he's being offered by Palace.

Fed up with entitled players like him! He's done nothing at Palace bar the last 2 months last season! He's lucky to be offered anything better when got 2 years left (1 year plus Palace can extend for a further year) on a deal he was happy to sign!!
Well in a way i cant really blame him for being unhappy with his contract , Nketiah Sarr and Kamada have been brought in and are on better money than him . I'd be a bit pissed off also and my trade mark , knee slide would be put on hold .

This problem has only been compounded with the purchase of Nketiah, especially if Edouard sticks around for another year. Four of our top five earners are Nketiah, Kamada, Henderson and Edouard whilst Mateta, Guehi, Munoz and Wharton combined earn less than half their wages. It's a recipe for trouble
What? Are you sure? What are the figures?

Well in a way i cant really blame him for being unhappy with his contract , Nketiah Sarr and Kamada have been brought in and are on better money than him . I'd be a bit pissed off also and my trade mark , knee slide would be put on hold .

As an aside celebrations involving knee slides always make me wince - they seem to have the potential to do a lot of damage. Maybe because I suspect my own knees would probably explode if I attempted the move.
PS I'm well aware that my scoring days are also all but over. Should the opportunity arise a brisk spousal handshake would suffice.

As an aside celebrations involving knee slides always make me wince - they seem to have the potential to do a lot of damage. Maybe because I suspect my own knees would probably explode if I attempted the move.
PS I'm well aware that my scoring days are also all but over. Should the opportunity arise a brisk spousal handshake would suffice.
Euphemism?

Back