• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

No corner flag kick!

eritheagle

Country
England
Apparently Mateta doesn't do his trademark corner flag kick in protest at the new deal he's being offered by Palace.

Fed up with entitled players like him! He's done nothing at Palace bar the last 2 months last season! He's lucky to be offered anything better when got 2 years left (1 year plus Palace can extend for a further year) on a deal he was happy to sign!!

I won’t have a pop at him just yet as we have no idea whether this is true. It wouldn’t surprise me though, we all know how entitled elite players can be these days

Can’t believe I just referred to Mateta as elite 🤣

Apparently Mateta doesn't do his trademark corner flag kick in protest at the new deal he's being offered by Palace.

Fed up with entitled players like him! He's done nothing at Palace bar the last 2 months last season! He's lucky to be offered anything better when got 2 years left (1 year plus Palace can extend for a further year) on a deal he was happy to sign!!
Don’t blame Mateta blame Roy who treated him like s**t. Every time he scored a goal he got dropped until Edouard was injured and Hodgeson had no other centre forward. JP could go on at this level for another four to five years. Look how much money Spurs got for 31 year old Kane.

I won’t have a pop at him just yet as we have no idea whether this is true. It wouldn’t surprise me though, we all know how entitled elite players can be these days

Can’t believe I just referred to Mateta as elite 🤣

I cannot offer any verification as I have no information on this matter.

It is the model of plausibility that he has been instructed to refrain from robustly kicking the corner flag pole for the reason that the 'Optics' do not look good or could encourage players at grassroots level to do the same.Perhaps the fact that the pole could possibly snap off and cause damage is a possible reason as well.

Didn't he say ages ago that he only joined palace to use as a stepping stone.
He did indeed , he shouldnt have signed such a long contract . He also said he had a gentlemans agreement with Parish that if a decent offer came in for him he would accept it 🤣, No such thing in football , didnt work out too well for Wilf . Maybe we should stop celebrating when he scores and stop singing 🎶 his name , big multi millionaire baby .

Quite conflicted on this issue. He's earning twice in a week what most, or very many anyway, people earn in a year but footballers wages have an element of Top Trumps and in his position I wouldn't appreciate that Schluppie is on £10,000 a week more than me.

BBC sport is reporting that “Forward Jean Phillipe Mateta is currently unsettled and wants to try to play Champions League football after a run of form that has seen only Erling Haaland (20) score more than Mateta (15) in all competitions since February 24th.”

Does JP really think he is on the same level as Haarland? If he wants to “try to play Champions League football” he should try scoring a bit more in the Laeague for Palace - 0 goals from 2 games so far this season.

I cannot offer any verification as I have no information on this matter.

It is the model of plausibility that he has been instructed to refrain from robustly kicking the corner flag pole for the reason that the 'Optics' do not look good or could encourage players at grassroots level to do the same.Perhaps the fact that the pole could possibly snap off and cause damage is a possible reason as well.
Heavens above, what's happened to the "gentlemen" whose views and speculation you like passing on to us? 🙂

As to your main point, I'd like to think you're right, but I fear that other posters are correct in their assessment of Mateta as a self-entitled baby. I mean, how pathetic is that - showing you're in a sulk by not kicking the corner flag. 😡

Heavens above, what's happened to the "gentlemen" whose views and speculation you like passing on to us? 🙂

As to your main point, I'd like to think you're right, but I fear that other posters are correct in their assessment of Mateta as a self-entitled baby. I mean, how pathetic is that - showing you're in a sulk by not kicking the corner flag. 😡
The public toilets on Brighton seafront were closed for maintenance yesterday.

I understand the insinuation, rest assured that the estimable gentlemen with whom I engage in conversation apropos our club have a penchant for ladies.
Apologies Willo, it was low-hanging fruit. I'm sure the East Sussex Swingers Club is the hotbed of Palace gossip. I heard from one gentleman that one unnamed member likes to "finish" by kicking the bedpost and shouting "BOOM BOOM". Pure rumour though.

Last edited:
Apologies Willo, it was low-hanging fruit. I'm sure the East Sussex Swingers Club is the hotbed of Palace gossip. I heard from one gentleman that one unnamed member likes to "finish" by kicking the bedpost and shouting "BOOM BOOM". Pure rumour though.
😆🤣

"Low-hanging fruit" conjured up an image !
Suffice to say my lothario days of priapic peccadilloes are in the dim and distant past.

Back